OLSAS – Fees
University program information changes regularly. For the most up-to-date details, view the online application.
Last updated: August 23, 2016
All fees are non-refundable. Your application will not be forwarded to your university choice(s) until you submit full payment to the OUAC.
Partial payments will not be accepted. Fees for withdrawn university choices are not refunded.
OLSAS Application Service Fee: $200
University Fee: $90
For each university you select. OLSAS collects these fees and remits them to the universities to cover a portion of the costs associated with the admissions assessment.
For information about waiving a law school’s $90 fee, consult the individual law school’s section in the OLSAS online application or contact the school directly. Waivers must be approved prior to submitting the application.
Note: There are no supplemental fees for Ottawa’s French programs.
Transcript Requests: $12
View transcript fee exceptions.
OLSAS must receive payment by the following deadlines:
- November 8, 2016, for applications to first-year English programs
- February 8, 2017, for applications to first-year French programs
- May 8, 2017, for applications to upper-year programs.
Payment is part of the final “Submit” process. The OUAC accepts the following payment options:
- Credit card (VISA, MasterCard or American Express). Prepaid credit cards and VISA debit cards are not accepted.
- Online banking through selected Canadian banks and credit unions only (this normally takes 1-3 business days). All payments must be made in Canadian funds.
- Western Union Business Solutions – GlobalPay for Students (bank-to-bank transfer for international payments only). You can pay the Canadian dollar fees in the currency of your choice.
Fraudulent use of credit cards or demanding/obtaining unauthorized application fee reimbursement is considered unethical.
Find more information about methods of payment.