OLSAS Transcript Information

OLSAS must receive your transcripts by November 1, 2015 (for first-year applicants) or by May 1, 2016 (for upper-year applicants).

Transcript Requirements

Official transcripts are required for each college, CEGEP, university, junior college, graduate school or other postsecondary institution you attend/have attended/have withdrawn from.

This includes transcripts for work completed on a Letter of Permission, for transfer credit, or on an exchange program.

OLSAS does not require International Baccalaureate (IB) or Advanced Placement (AP) transcripts.

To be official, transcripts must be:

  • sent directly from the Registrar’s Office to OLSAS;
  • printed on the institution’s official transcript paper; and
  • imprinted with the school seal and/or bear the appropriate signatures.

OLSAS cannot accept copies of undergraduate transcripts provided by you or graduate departments. Photocopies are not acceptable.

Transcript Arrangements

Arrange with the Registrar’s Office(s) of each university, college or CEGEP that you attended to send complete official transcript(s) of all course work completed to date directly to OLSAS (170 Research Lane, Guelph ON N1G 5E2), by November 1, 2015 (first year) or by May 1, 2016 (upper year). Only one copy is required.

Note: It is not possible to notify you of any outstanding transcripts at the time of the deadline.

If you attended/are currently attending a university/college that does not issue transcripts, you must arrange with the Registrar to provide OLSAS with an official statement of attendance and degree granted.

Transcripts from an Ontario University or College

Transcript Request Form

If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario university, you must use the OUAC Transcript Request Form (TRF) in the online application. If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario college, you may use the TRF. By completing the TRF and forwarding the appropriate fees, you authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to OLSAS; you do not need to contact the Registrar’s Office directly.

You can access this form by logging in to your online application with your user ID and password. Select “Transcripts”.

OLSAS must receive your TRF by the appropriate deadlines to satisfy the transcript deadline requirement.

Transcripts requested when you apply online will not include the current year’s results.

TRF Exceptions:

  1. You cannot use the TRF to order transcripts from the Royal Military College of Canada.
  2. Transcript requests from the following University of Toronto divisions or programs must be made directly to that division:
    • Additional Qualifications Program (AQ) at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE);
    • Continuing Studies; Toronto School of Theology; and
    • Woodsworth Pre-University Program.
  3. Transcript requests for the following York University departments:
    • York University English Language Institute (YUELI) – must be made directly to that department
    • Schulich Executive Education – must be made directly to that department
    • Continuing Studies or Continuing Education – must be made to the Division of Continuing Education
    • Additional Qualification (AQ) courses taken after 1993 – must be made to Research and Field Development, Faculty of Education

Need help? Call us at 519-823-1063 regarding these transcript request exceptions.

Note: Algoma University is a former affiliate campus of Laurentian University. If you are a Laurentian-Algoma graduate, please request transcripts from Laurentian. All students admitted during or after 2009 are Algoma University students and must request transcripts from Algoma University.

The OUAC is not responsible for the refusal of any university to provide transcripts (e.g., delinquent accounts, incorrect identification). The OUAC will notify you if a university does not provide the transcript. If the issue is not resolved in a timely manner, the universities will not consider these transcripts upon their release.

Transcript Fees

Fees are $12 per transcript requested, except for transcripts requested from the following schools, which do not have a fee:

Carleton University McMaster University
Algonquin College La Cité
Collège Boréal Loyalist College
Cambrian College Mohawk College
Confederation College Niagara College
Fanshawe College St. Clair College
Humber College St. Lawrence College
Sheridan College

The transcript fees are non-refundable.

Assessment of International Academic Credentials

If your undergraduate studies were taken outside of Canada and the US, your transcript must be assessed by World Education Services (WES) or an equivalent service with a credentialing assessment. A credentialing assessment means converting academic credentials into their Ontario educational equivalents.

If your graduate studies were taken outside of Canada and the US, you are not required to have your transcript assessed by WES or an equivalent service, although such assessment may be requested.

Candidates from the National Committee of Accreditation are not required to have their transcripts assessed by WES or an equivalent service. If a WES assessment is provided, applicants are not required to send an original transcript.

Please request that a course-by-course evaluation be reported for your grades. The assessment will not be valid without an overall GPA. However, the admissions committees of the law schools reserve the right to apply their own evaluation.

WES evaluations must be sent directly to OLSAS by WES, and be received by the application deadline, November 1, 2015.

Note: OLSAS will convert grades of courses taken at accredited universities in the US and applicants do not require a WES assessment for these courses. In addition, you are not required to obtain a WES assessment for courses taken as part of an exchange program, as long as transfer credits for these courses appears on the “home” university transcript.

To contact WES, call 416-972-0070 or 1-866-343-0070 (toll-free), or visit: www.wes.org/ca/.

Transcripts for Course Work for the Current Academic Year for First-Year Applicants

First-year applicants who complete courses in December 2015 are required to send their fall 2015 marks to OLSAS by February 1, 2016. All applicants submitting fall grades must provide an official transcript using the methods indicated above.

Final Transcripts

You must submit your final, official transcripts (which should include all current-year course work and degree conferral details) by June 30, 2016, when you receive an offer of admission or who have a decision pending.

Note: If you attend an Ontario university, use the Transcript Request Form (TRF) to order transcripts. You can access the form by logging in to your submitted application.

Upper-year Applicants

No admission decisions will be made until a final, official transcript is received. The deadline to receive final transcripts is June 30, 2016.

If a transcript is not available at that time, advise the law schools you applied to.