How to apply?
Step 1: Research Your University Options and the Application Process
- Review the entire OMSAS Instruction Booklet (PDF).
- Check out university publications, websites, etc.
- Familiarize yourself with the components that may be necessary for your application by reviewing the Application Components section.
- Review the Common Questions section.
- Review the Essential Skills and Abilities Required for the Study of Medicine (PDF). Anyone considering entering a degree program in medicine should be aware of the following policy. This policy was developed jointly by the six Schools of Medicine in Ontario. However, any question about the policy should be addressed to the Offices of Disability or Admissions at the individual school.
Step 2: Create a 2013 OMSAS account before September 15, 2012.
Step 3: Prepare and submit your application by the deadline: October 1, 2012.
Applicants to Ontario medical schools submit only one set of application materials and academic documents, regardless of the number of schools to which they are applying.
Each of the Ontario medical schools has its own admission requirements. Applicants should be aware of the variations in the admission requirements and be sure that they qualify for consideration before indicating that they wish OMSAS to forward their application to a particular university. OMSAS will process and forward applications to all requested medical schools regardless of the qualifications of the applicant or the completeness of the application.
Applicants are advised to contact the medical school directly for additional information about the academic program and the admission of applicants.