All fees are non-refundable. Applications will not be forwarded to the universities until full payment has been received by the OUAC. Partial payments will not be processed. Paper applications will be returned to the applicant unprocessed if adequate payment is not received with the application.
Payment is accepted by credit card (MasterCard, VISA or American Express), cheque or money order, and online or telephone banking through selected Canadian banks and credit unions. All payments must be in Canadian funds.
For more information about payments, visit Methods of Payment.
Summary of Fees (In Canadian Dollars)
Base Application Fee – for initial three university/program choices is $130. (Mailing address in Canada.)
International Service Fee – if mailing address is outside Canada is $10
Additional Choice Fee – for each university/program choice beyond the initial three is $44 (e.g., if a fourth and fifth university choice are added, applicants must pay an additional $88).
Note: Applicants may apply to as many Ontario universities/programs as they wish; however, they are limited to a maximum of three program choices at any one university (including affiliates). Some universities may further limit the number of programs to which candidates may apply.
Fee for non-negotiable cheque is $25.
- Complete all of the required fields pertaining to their credit card: number, date of expiry and name of the credit card holder. Ensure that these fields have been filled out correctly before authorizing the payment.
- Register the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre as one of their creditors when using online or telephone banking, and arrange to pay the fees.
- Ensure that payment by cheque or money order arrives at the OUAC no later than two weeks after the application has been submitted. Applicants must remember to include the Application Remittance Payment Form.
- Remember that if a cheque or money order is received after the two-week grace period, the date on which the payment is received will be considered the date the application is submitted. Applicants should keep this in mind, particularly if the program to which they are applying has a specific application deadline.
- Allow for the possibility that their cheque may not clear at their bank for a few days or weeks.
- Remember that if problems with their fees are encountered (e.g., their cheque is non-negotiable, total fees are insufficient, their credit card is returned as invalid), processing of their application will be stopped at both the OUAC and the universities selected.