How to apply?
Step 1: Research your university selections
- Visit eINFO.
- Browse programs online.
- Check out university publications and websites.
- Attend the Ontario Universities’ Fair and University Information Program sessions (UIP).
- Record the program choices of interest including their OUAC codes. Make note of all admission requirements and program specific deadlines.
Step 2: Applying
- In October/November your secondary school will distribute Access Code letters containing information required to apply online:
- School Number
- Student Number
- Narrow down your university program selections by talking to your parents, teachers and guidance counsellors about your interests and options.
- Watch the online application instructional video.
- Apply using your application Access Code.
- Complete all sections of the application.
- Before clicking “I Verify and Agree”, review your program selections with your parents.
- When ready, submit your application with payment well before the OUAC application deadline and any university program specific deadlines.
- You will immediately receive an OUAC Reference Number. Record this number and keep it in a safe place. This number along with your PIN will be required for future access to your application and to respond to university offers of admission.
After Applying…What’s Next?
- Access your online application to review and change your application.
- After one business day, log in to your application to verify the details of your submitted and paid application and make any necessary changes.
- Ensure SPAM filters are set to accept email from the OUAC and the universities to which you have applied. Email is the primary mode of communication between the universities, the OUAC and applicants.
- The universities will acknowledge receipt of your application.
- After you receive your report cards, log in to verify your grades information. Notify your guidance office of any necessary corrections.
- Either on a free weekend or over the March break, University open houses and campus visits are great ways to experience first-hand what campus life is like and help you decide which school is the best fit for you.
- You can expect to receive a response from the universities to which you’ve applied: either an offer of admission or a refusal no later than the end of May. Review the Important Dates.