Methods of Payment
Credit Card (MasterCard, VISA or American Express)
The OUAC accepts MasterCard, VISA or American Express for the payment of application fees for online applications through a secure, third party provider*. If the credit card is declined or invalid, the application will not be processed. Please note that prepaid credit cards are not valid for online payments.
*Applicants who choose to pay with credit card will be directed to MiraPay. Please note that credit card payments cannot be processed by telephone through the OUAC.
Cheque or Money Order
- Cheques or money orders should be in Canadian funds and made payable to the “Ontario Universities’ Application Centre”. Include the OUAC Reference Number on the face of the cheque or money order.
- Payment must be submitted with the application Remittance Payment Form, which is generated when an applicant selects the cheque or money order payment option.
- Applicants should not send in their payment before their application is submitted. If an application has been successfully submitted, applicants will immediately be advised of their OUAC Reference Number (2013-xxxxxxx).
- Postdated cheques and foreign cheques (outside of Canada) are not accepted. There is a charge of $25 for non-negotiable cheques.
- Note for international applicants: Only an international money order or bank draft in Canadian funds that includes the bank address, and has the bank number, transit number and account number encoded on the bottom will be accepted.
Online Banking (Through Canadian Banks Only)
Applicants may pay using online banking through selected Canadian banks and credit unions via the bank’s website or telephone banking department. Applicants should contact their bank for further information.
The OUAC will provide applicants with their bill payment account number upon submission of their completed application. Applicants will require this bill payment account number in order to submit their payment for the application. Applicants who have applied to the OUAC previously should revise their bill payment account number to reflect the new bill payment account number provided. The OUAC’s bill payment name is “Ontario Universities’ Application Centre” or an abbreviated version of this name.
Western Union Bank-to-Bank Transfer
(For International Payments Only)
Applicants may choose to pay their application fees through Western Union’s Bank-to-Bank Transfer. This option allows you to pay the Canadian dollar fees in the currency of your choice and provides you with a simple and secure way of initiating a payment electronically. The OUAC will provide you with your bill payment account number when you submit your completed application.