Grad Declaration – Collab
Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Personal Information by the OUAC
The personal information requested in this application is required by the university and must be provided together with your application fee. Incomplete applications will not be considered. The university may require additional personal information from you to complete your application. Universities may use and disclose your personal information for other purposes in accordance with their own admission and personal information policies and practices, including requirements for government enrollment reporting, which you must investigate yourself. The university may also disclose personal information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, when authorized or required to do so by law.
It is your responsibility to ensure that your application information and all supporting documentation is truthful, complete and correct. The university reserves the right to verify any information provided as part of this application. If any information in your application is determined to be false or misleading, concealed or withheld, or written by a third party, your application may be invalidated, at the absolute discretion of the OUAC and/or by a university.This could result in its immediate rejection or in the revocation of an offer of admission or registration at a university. Any such information may be shared by the OUAC or by universities and colleges with other universities and colleges across Canada.
The OUAC does retain the current (and historical) electronic version(s) of your application(s) in accordance with the OUAC’s records retention policy and maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of your personal information. The OUAC will maintain the confidentiality of all personal information it collects in connection with the application and will disclose such personal information only for the purposes described in this Declaration and Notice. The OUAC stores electronic records off-site as part of its disaster recovery procedures. You are solely responsible for keeping your OUAC application user identification, login information and other registration information confidential and secure. Please notify the OUAC immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Collection and Use of Personal Information:
- The OUAC collects the personal information you provide in your application, or in reference to your application, to process your application to the university.
- The OUAC collects credit card and related payment information from you or from whoever is paying for this application to arrange for the processing of payment for your application. All credit card processing is done by a third party and no cardholder data is collected, transmitted or stored on OUAC systems.
- If you have ordered electronic transcripts from an Ontario university or Ontario college as part of your application, the OUAC may use your personal information in order to facilitate the processing of your transcript request.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
- The OUAC will disclose your application information to the university.
- If a third party who is paying for this application has questions regarding the payment for your application, the OUAC will disclose personal information about you as necessary and appropriate to respond to the inquiry.
- If any information connected with your application is determined to be false or misleading, concealed or withheld, contains evidence of academic dishonesty or inappropriate conduct, universities and colleges across Canada will be advised, at the absolute discretion of the OUAC and/or a university.
- The OUAC may disclose your personal information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- If you have ordered electronic transcripts from an Ontario university or college as part of your application, the OUAC may disclose your personal information to the institution(s) from which you have ordered your transcripts, in order to facilitate the processing of your transcript request.
- In the event that you have applied to a joint or collaborative program, the OUAC will disclose your application information to the relevant partner Ontario university(ies).