Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) Declaration
Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Personal Information by the OUAC (Transcript Requests)
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) was created by the universities of Ontario through the Council of Ontario Universities (COU). The OUAC has been processing applications on behalf of universities in Ontario since 1971 and requests for transcripts since 1996. The OUAC will forward your transcript request information to the university(ies) you indicate. By ordering transcripts through the OUAC, you agree that the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) and the university(ies) will obtain the personal information you have provided to the OUAC. The OCT and the university(ies) have their own declaration and privacy policies, which you should review.
The personal information submitted in this transcript request is required by the university(ies) and must be provided together with your transcript fee. It is your responsibility to ensure that the information you provide is truthful, complete and correct.
The OUAC does retain the current (and historical) electronic version(s) of your application(s) in accordance with the OUAC’s records retention policy and maintains administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification and disclosure of your personal information. The OUAC will maintain the confidentiality of all personal information it collects in connection with the application and will disclose such personal information only for the purposes described in this Declaration and Notice. The OUAC stores electronic records off-site as part of its disaster recovery procedures. You are solely responsible for keeping your OUAC application user identification, login information and other registration information confidential and secure. Please notify the OUAC immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access, use or disclosure.
Collection and Use of Personal Information:
- The OUAC collects the personal information you provide in your transcript request for the sole purpose of processing your request.
- The OUAC collects payment information from you or from whoever is paying for this transcript to arrange for the processing of payment for your transcript. All credit card processing is done by a third party and no cardholder data is collected, transmitted or stored on OUAC systems.
Disclosure of Personal Information:
- The OUAC will disclose your personal information to the university(ies).
- The OUAC will disclose your transcript information to the OCT.
- If a third party who is paying for this transcript request has questions regarding the payment for your transcript request, the OUAC will disclose personal information about you as necessary and appropriate to respond to the inquiry.