Undergraduate Application Statistics
Statistics for fall 2013 entry will be released on the following dates by George Granger, Executive Director, Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC).
The statistics are cumulative as of the dates listed:
- Wednesday, February 13, 2013 (Secondary School Statistics Only)
- Wednesday, March 13, 2013 (Secondary School Statistics Only)
- Wednesday, April 10, 2013
- Wednesday, May 8, 2013
- Wednesday, June 12, 2013
- Wednesday, July 10, 2013
- Wednesday, August 7, 2013
- Wednesday, September 18, 2013
Important Background Information
Annual fluctuations in application volumes are a product of a number of factors and they should be interpreted with caution.
- These applications are for full-time, year-one, fall-entry, undergraduate university study.
- The “Secondary School” application category refers to the applications received from Ontario secondary school students who were registered in secondary school during the 2012-2013 academic year.
- The following figures are the number of applications, that is, selections of university programs. These figures do not reflect the number of ‘individuals’ who are applying to each university.
- The “Non-Secondary” application category refers to all domestic and foreign applications for first-year university entry other than those applications received from Ontario secondary school applicants. Application patterns for this group are different and therefore the first reporting date is in April.
- “Secondary School” application figures are relatively firm and complete in February. As application deadlines for the “Non-Secondary” application category vary from institution to institution, these statistics are not firm until mid-July and continue to change until the mid-September report.
- There are numerous reasons for fluctuations in application volumes. Please refer to individual university websites or contact their admissions or public relations offices for any further information. Please do not refer to individual institutional figures without including the institutional commentary as applicable.
Important Notice: The university-specific comments on application statistics are those of the individual universities. These comments do not necessarily reflect the views of the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre or those of the Council of Ontario Universities.