- About the OUAC
- OUAC Employment Opportunities
- COU Employment Opportunities
- Core Competencies
- Life at the OUAC
About the OUAC
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs at Ontario’s universities.
We employ approximately 85 full-time employees year-round, as well as an additional 10 part-time employees during our peak processing cycle. A third of our employees are bilingual (English and French).
Total Rewards and Compensation
We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with competitive salaries and comprehensive benefits.
Most employees are eligible for and enjoy these rewards:
- Competitive pay
- Base salary targeted to our defined market
- French premium for certain jobs
Hours of Work
- 35-hour work week
- Vacation time is 2 weeks for the first year and 4 weeks as of the second year. Additional increases continue after the fifth year.
- Paid time off includes holiday closures, personal days, sick days, bereavement and service reward days
- Remote work options for some positions
- Summer office hours for some positions
Supporting Our Staff
- Our office facility includes:
- Free parking
- Kitchenettes with free coffee/tea
- A lunchroom with tables and a video game area
- A quiet lounge for reading or for lunch
- On-site showers
- Walking distance to many restaurants and shopping
- We support a variety of activities to balance out the workday:
- An active Social Committee that hosts summer BBQs, birthday breaks, and other activities
- Wellness initiatives
- An internal Ergonomics team and the option to have sit/stand desks
- Lunch and Learn sessions
- The promotion of a healthy lifestyle (healthy snacks, community activity challenge, wellness emails, etc.)
- Company-sponsored training
- We are an equitable, diverse and inclusive environment with a reputation for being great place to work
- We are financially responsible and have been in operation for more than 50 years
- There is an opportunity for advancement in most departments
- Extended Health with Vision and Dental coverage
- Life insurance and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D)
- Optional benefits include Critical Illness insurance, Life insurance and AD&D
- RRSP – member contributes 5%, the OUAC contributes 7% up to YMPE, then an increase in excess of YMPE
- Employee & Family Assistance Program
- Wellness Benefit up to $500/fiscal year
- SUB Plan top-up for pregnancy/parental leave
- Employer funded short-term disability benefits
- University scholarship program for child dependents with university application fee reimbursement
- Retirement financial counselling and retiree benefits available
- Employee discount programs
- Travel insurance
- Semi-private hospital room coverage
- Orthodontics for child dependents
- Small annual merit bonus
OUAC Employment Opportunities
The OUAC values equity, diversity and inclusion and believes that every person has a right to equal treatment. We are strengthened by diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We have equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
COU Employment Opportunities
The OUAC is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities (COU).
These valued core competencies are central to the way our organization and employees work:
- Continuous Learning
- Effective Communication
- Problem Solving
- Quality of Work
Life at the OUAC
Those who have joined our team have experienced a workplace that is collaborative and inspiring.
An employee of 6 years describes how “Collaborating with co-workers, universities, guidance counsellors and students adds variety, and it’s rewarding to work with so many people to better help all of our stakeholders”.
Another employee, who has been with us for 12 years, notes, “We have a very active social committee that makes our work day fun”.
Barbecues, birthday celebrations and game tournaments are all part of life at the OUAC.
Employees agree that the camaraderie and sense of purpose they find through their work here benefit them personally and professionally.
An employee of 29 years shares, “The OUAC has assisted me tremendously in growing with the industry”.
A new employee explains, “I feel supported by my immediate team and the organization as a whole, which, in turn, helps me challenge myself to learn new things and develop new skills…The people who work here truly believe in and care about what they do”.
We support and encourage our employees to maintain a healthy lifestyle. For example, our employees collectively take part in community activity challenges, and we often host wellness-themed lunch and learn sessions.
We are also dedicated to providing a responsive, environmentally sound and cost-effective service to Ontario’s universities, their applicants and our employees.