Bilingual Communications Specialist: Web and Social Media (Job 264)
Salaried 1-year contract with benefits
Submission deadline: November 19, 2017
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Read more about the OUAC.
The OUAC is an equal opportunity employer with equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The OUAC is seeking to fill a position in its Communications Division. The incumbent will join a team involved with producing documents in electronic and print formats for the various OUAC divisions, the university community, university applicants and high school guidance counsellors. The incumbent will assist with content management for multiple OUAC websites. Social media and accessibility will also be part of the role.
- Assist with designing, updating and maintaining all OUAC websites, including coordinating content and updating code
- Create content for and monitor various social media platforms
- Stay current with existing and future accessibility regulations
- University degree (or college diploma) in English, French, Communications or a body of relevant experience
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot/modify existing code
- Understanding of cross-browser issues and accessibility
- Experience using WordPress
- Experience using Photoshop, InDesign and other Adobe software
- Familiarity with a variety of social media platforms
- Above-average oral and written skills in English and French
- Knowledge of SEO, web usability, analytics and reporting
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Disciplined, organized and reliable work habits
- Creative and quality driven, with high attention to detail
Qualified applicants are invited to apply via email by midnight, November 19, 2017, to Job 264 at: email@example.com.
Submit your cover letter and resume as 1 file (PDF preferred). Please add expected salary.
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.