Communications Specialist: Editor (Job 296)
Submission deadline: August 9, 2020
Salaried 1-year contract with benefits
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences, and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Read more information about the OUAC.
The OUAC is an equal opportunity employer with equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
If you are willing to learn and eager to play a supporting role in helping people start a new chapter in their life, we would love to hear from you!
The OUAC is seeking a Communications Specialist: Editor to work within a team to write, design, edit and publish OUAC communications in various formats for OUAC divisions, the university community, high school guidance counsellors and applicants.
- Writing, designing, editing and proofreading communications for all OUAC publications, documents and websites.
- Determining requirements for publications and creating publications that effectively communicate the material.
- Assisting with content management for the OUAC’s websites.
- Managing printing and delivery of publications.
- University degree (or college diploma) in English, French, Communications or a body of relevant experience.
- Advanced proofreading, editing and communication skills.
- Ability to understand and troubleshoot/modify existing HTML code.
- Understanding web accessibility and plain language.
- Intermediate knowledge of WordPress.
- Advanced knowledge of InDesign and other Adobe products.
- Intermediate knowledge of SEO, web usability, analytics and reporting.
- Self-starter, with the ability to work independently and in a team
- Disciplined, organized and reliable work habits
- Creative and quality driven, with high attention to detail
Qualifications Considered an Asset
- Prior university employment
- French-language skills
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to “Job 296” via email by midnight, August 9, 2020, to: email@example.com.
Submit your cover letter and resume as 1 file (PDF preferred).
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.