Customer Service Representative (Job 193)
Submission deadline: August 14, 2022
Salaried 1-year contract with benefits
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Read more about the OUAC and our total rewards and compensation program.
The OUAC values equity, diversity and inclusion and believes that every person has a right to equal treatment. We are strengthened by diverse backgrounds, perspectives and experiences. We have equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
If you are willing to learn and eager to play a supporting role in helping people start a new chapter in their life, we would love to hear from you!
- Providing phone and email support to applicants
- Providing internal administrative support
- Excellent oral and written communication skills in English
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in a customer service environment
- Postsecondary education
- Efficient internet and computer skills
- Knowledge of the Ontario university system is an asset
- French-language skills are an asset
- Ability to absorb and retain large amounts of information
- Effective listening and speaking skills; diplomacy, tact, patience and professionalism are essential
- Ability to explain complex processes and procedures in a clear, concise and consistent manner
- Strong organizational and analytical skills
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment
Hours of Work
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, 35 hours per week
- Additional hours may be necessary during peak periods
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to “Job 193” by midnight, August 14, 2022, to: email@example.com.
Submit your cover letter and resume as 1 file (PDF preferred).
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.