Director of Operations (Job 200)
Submission deadline: March 11, 2018
Full-time permanent with benefits — start April 2018
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences, and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with a competitive salary and comprehensive benefits. Read more information about the OUAC.
The OUAC is an equal opportunity employer with equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The OUAC is seeking a Director of Operations. Reporting to the Executive Director, this position is responsible for the smooth running of the OUAC. The main purpose of the job is to develop and oversee the implementation of the OUAC strategic plan and supervise the business, project management and information technology departments at the OUAC.
- Develop and maintain effective and efficient operation of the OUAC
- Determine divisional priorities to meet production objectives and timelines
- Along with the Executive Director, set and implement strategic direction
- Lead a Senior Management Team
- Manage risk and IT security
- Support the budget process
- Develop policies
- Monitor and implement various compliance requirements
- Support the postsecondary sector through various external committees and activities
- Manage external data research requests
- A sound working knowledge of university registrarial and admissions functions, processes and challenges
- University degree in computer science or information technology or a body of work experience deemed to be equivalent
- Ten years of experience in a senior management role
- Ability to understand, develop and explain complex business processes
- Fundamental understanding of the components of Information Technology and its interrelation to each other and the business needs
- Project Management experience
- Excellent communication skills (verbal and written)
- Proven leadership and interpersonal skills
- Creative problem solving
Qualifications Considered an Asset
- Experience with Oracle/PeopleSoft based applications
- Experience working in an Agile Environment
- Understanding of various compliance legislation and regulations
- Project Management certification
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to “Job 200” via email by midnight, Sunday, March 11, 2018, to: email@example.com.
Submit your cover letter and resume as one file (PDF preferred).
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.