Processing Assistant (Job 196)
Submission deadline: July 25, 2021
6-month contract (September to February)
Located in Guelph, the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) processes applications for admission to undergraduate, law, medical, rehabilitation sciences and teacher education programs for Ontario’s universities. We provide a progressive and supportive working environment for our employees, along with a competitive hourly wage. Read more about the OUAC.
The OUAC is an equal opportunity employer with equitable and accessible employment practices, based on the principles specified in Ontario legislation (Human Rights Code and Accessibility for Ontarians with Disabilities Act [AODA]). Accommodations for job applicants with disabilities are available upon request.
The OUAC is seeking a Processing Assistant to input applicants’ information into the computer system and provide support to the departments.
- Receive, batch, scan and index documentation (e.g., transcripts, references, supplementary forms) for professional programs
- Maintain applicant records, ensuring that all documentation is matched and processed correctly
- Correct errors on applications as identified on error reports
- Convert academic grades provided on transcripts to a standard scale and calculate an overall Grade Point Average
- 3 years’ relevant experience in administrative services or a related field
- Knowledge of various software programs e.g., Microsoft Office, along with database and Internet tools
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Ability to explain information in a clear, concise and consistent manner
- Strong organizational, analytical and interpersonal skills
- Diplomacy, tact, patience, high attention to detail and professionalism
Hours of Work
- Monday through Friday, 8:30 am to 4:30 pm, 35 hours per week
- Contract covers September 7, 2021, to March 4, 2022
Qualified applicants are invited to apply to “Job 196” via email by midnight, July 25, 2021, to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please submit your cover letter and resume as 1 file (PDF preferred).
We thank all applicants for applying; however, only candidates selected for an interview will be contacted.