Common Questions: Undergrad (101)

I haven’t heard from my university choices even though it has been several days since I applied.

Applications: Undergrad (101), Undergrad (105) Categories: After Applying

We are processing a huge volume of applications at this time of year. It can take up to 2 weeks for a university to acknowledge receipt of your application.

My current school listed is wrong in the Application. How can I update this information?

If a school you attended, but are not currently attending, has created your PIN, this information cannot be updated until after you submit your application. Note: You cannot update this information yourself. Once submitted, your guidance counsellor can call us to update your school information. Contact your guidance counsellor to get this process started.

I’m trying to log in but my PIN isn’t working. What’s the problem?

Be sure you are typing in the correct PIN. The number one can look like a lowercase L or capital I. Double-check the characters and try again. Other tips: Use a Desktop computer rather than a laptop or personal device. Use the Shift key rather than the Caps Lock key to insert capital letters. If…

Can I withdraw from a program and/or add a new program choice after I submit my application?

Yes, you can do both by logging in to your online application and going to “Program Choices”. To withdraw a program, select “Withdraw” in the Actions column beside the program. Note: There are no refunds for withdrawn choices. To add another program, select “Add Program”. Note: You will be charged an additional choice fee of…

I indicated online banking as my method of payment. I want to pay by credit card now. How can I do this?

If you chose to pay by online banking, but now wish to pay by credit card, log back in to your application using your username and password. You will be taken to the “Submit My Application: Payment” screen where all 3 payment options will be available to you again.

I accepted my offer online but when I go back in to my application, there is no acceptance listed in the “Applicant Response” column. What happened?

There is nothing listed because you did not successfully submit your acceptance. To successfully submit your acceptance: 1.Click the offer link in the “Admission Decision” column. 2. Select “I accept” and then click “Continue”. This takes you back to the “Choices/Offers” screen where you will see “Unsubmitted Acceptance” in the “Applicant Response” column. 3. Choose…

The university is asking me for my 11-digit OUAC Reference Number. Where do I find this?

Normally, the OUAC Reference Number contains 10 digits, beginning with the current year (4 digits) followed by 6 digits (e.g., 20XX999999). If a university asks for your 11-digit OUAC Reference Number, please add a 0 (zero) at the end of your 10-digit number (e.g., 20XX9999990).

I am taking a summer school course. How will the universities get my marks?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Application Process

Grades from summer school courses are submitted to the OUAC by the summer school or the district school board. Verify with your summer school that either the summer school or the district school board will be sending the marks directly to the OUAC on your behalf. If this is not the case, you must arrange…

I have accepted my offer online but have changed my mind. I now want to apply to a different program at the same university. How can I change my program choice?

Contact the university’s admission office directly for clarification, as some universities may issue you only one offer of admission. Depending on the university’s policy for offers of admission, you could be advised to: Add the new program choice to your application.If you already have three program choices selected in your application, you will need to…

I forget my password. Can you give it to me?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Logging in

Your password is encrypted as soon as you create it; therefore, we are unable to provide it to you. To request a new temporary password, select “Login” from the main application page, then select “Request a temporary password”. If you have not submitted your application, you will need your student number, school number and email…