Common Questions: Undergrad (101)

I want to apply to an entry point other than fall but only a fall entry is listed. What should I do?

The universities have supplied the OUAC with the entry points available for each program. You will need to contact them directly to verify whether they offer entry points other than those listed. If they offer other entry points, they will either indicate to you that they will change your file once they have received your…

I will finish my OSSD (including six 4U/M courses) at the end of January. Can I begin university studies then?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Application Process

Yes, a few Ontario universities offer programs that begin in January, February or May. Normally, you must apply for admission to these programs by the stipulated deadline dates. Those universities whose winter term programs begin in January will normally require that you complete your OSSD, including six 4U/M courses. You will have to make special…

I will not be attending high school until the second semester. What application should I complete?

You can use the 101 application if the following apply: you will have six 4U/M courses; you will receive/have received the OSSD; you have not been out of high school for 7 consecutive months; and you have not attended a postsecondary institution. Some high schools will not allow you to complete the application from their…

I’m going to be away from home or out of the country for part of the year. Can I have someone else accept an offer of admission?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Offers of Admission

Yes, you may ask another person, such as a parent, to sign admission documents on your behalf.

I’m taking a summer school course and my friend is upgrading (or repeating) a course. Will this affect our admission?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Application Process

If you are taking a summer school course, the delay in the university receiving your summer school results may affect your admission. This is often the case when the program you applied to has limited enrollment. If the summer school course you are completing is your sixth 4U/M course, the universities may not offer you…

If I accept an offer now, can I change my mind at a later date?

Yes. If you accept an offer but later wish to accept a different offer, you will need to first cancel your accepted offer and then accept the new offer by the stipulated deadline date. Be sure to consider all other factors such as scholarships, residence acceptance and deposits before you make your final decision.

Is everyone eligible to have their OUAC and OSAP accounts linked?

Applications: Undergrad (101), Undergrad (105) Categories: OSAP

No. The service is only available for 2018 undergraduate applicants (101/105). The ability to link OUAC and OSAP accounts is only available if you applied for 2018 entry with the OUAC 101 or 105 (undergraduate) application.

Is it worth it?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Other

University study continues to be one of life’s most important, rewarding and exciting experiences. The knowledge that you gain at university, the friends that you make and the variety of experiences that you have will be with you all your life. Year after year the employment rate is higher for those with a university degree…

I’m getting a warning about my address when I try to submit my application. Why is this happening?

You must enter a home address and a mailing address, even if these 2 addresses are the same. A mailing address is the address where you receive postal mail. It is not your email address.

I’m trying to log in but my PIN isn’t working. What’s the problem?

Be sure you are typing in the correct PIN. The number one can look like a lowercase L or capital I. Double-check the characters and try again. Other tips: Use a Desktop computer rather than a laptop or personal device. Use the Shift key rather than the Caps Lock key to insert capital letters. If…