Common Questions: Undergrad (101)

I’m trying to log in but my PIN isn’t working. What’s the problem?

Be sure you are typing in the correct PIN. The number one can look like a lowercase L or capital I. Double-check the characters and try again. Other tips: Use a Desktop computer rather than a laptop or personal device. Use the Shift key rather than the Caps Lock key to insert capital letters. If…

My credit card statement shows “OUAC Guelph”. I did not apply to the University of Guelph. Is there a problem?

“OUAC Guelph” refers to the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre. We are located in Guelph, Ontario. The OUAC processes all applications and payments. The specific universities you applied to will not be listed on your credit card invoice.

My current school listed is wrong in the application. How can I update this information?

If a school you attended, but are not currently attending, has created your PIN, this information cannot be updated until after you submit your application. Note: You cannot update this information yourself. Once submitted, your guidance counsellor can call us to update your school information. Contact your guidance counsellor to get this process started.

The university is asking me for my 11-digit OUAC Reference Number. Where do I find this?

Normally, the OUAC Reference Number contains 10 digits, beginning with the current year (4 digits) followed by 6 digits (e.g., 20XX999999). If a university asks for your 11-digit OUAC Reference Number, please add a 0 (zero) at the end of your 10-digit number (e.g., 20XX9999990).

What can I do if I am refused admission to all of my choices?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Offers of Admission

Ontario high school applicants usually need to complete the Ontario Secondary School Diploma (OSSD), including six 4U/M courses, prior to being permitted to register full-time at an Ontario university. There are also prerequisite courses that must be completed and minimum academic averages that are required for most university programs. If you have satisfied these basic…

What is OUAC-OSAP linking? What does it mean to link my OUAC and OSAP accounts?

Applications: Undergrad (101), Undergrad (105) Categories: OSAP

Linking allows you to save time in your application process but sharing the information you have input in your OUAC application with your OSAP application. When you provide you authorization and consent specifically for this purpose, OSAP will use information you gave the OUAC, such as your name, date of birth and address information, to…

What is the Advanced Placement exam?

Advanced Placement (AP) exams are administered by the American College Board in the US for high school students. They may be recognized by Canadian institutions for advanced credit. Please see individual university websites for more information. If you took AP exams, your official results must be sent directly to your university choices. The indicator on…

What is the OUAC and what does it do?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Other

“OUAC” is the acronym for the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre. The OUAC is a centralized processing office for applications for undergraduate admission to the universities of Ontario. The OUAC, which is located in Guelph, Ontario, receives your application, processes it and transfers the information to the universities you have selected. The OUAC does not make…

When I accept an offer of admission, does it mean that I will not be considered for any other offers?

Accepting an offer of admission from one university will not cancel your application to other universities and/or programs. However, you may have only one acceptance on file at a time. Before you can accept a new offer online, you must first cancel the previously accepted offer currently in your file. Note: If you submit a…

When will I know if I am admitted to a university?

Applications: Undergrad (101) Categories: Offers of Admission

Universities will assess your application and will communicate with you directly about your admissibility. In support of your application, your high school provides final grades for your completed Grade 11 and 12 courses to the OUAC. These final grades are transferred to the universities once you submit your application. In early February, your school provides…