Frequently Asked Questions: During Application

What are error messages? Can I still submit my application if I receive one?

Error messages are problems within the online application that must be corrected. You will not be able to submit your application until these are corrected…

What do I do if I don’t have enough space to include the details of an activity in my Autobiographical Sketch?

Applications: Law (OLSAS) Categories: During Application

The Autobiographical Sketch is meant to give the law schools a brief overview of what you have done since you left high school. If the law schools want more information than you provided an activity, they will contact the relevant verifier.

What happens if my international transcripts do not arrive by the deadline?

We will send all transcripts to the universities, regardless of the date the transcripts arrive. It will be at the discretion of each university as to how they wish to proceed with late documents.

What is the deadline for OMSAS to receive references?

Applications: Medical (OMSAS) Categories: During Application

The deadline for OMSAS to receive your references is October 3, 2022. Some of the medical schools have alternate deadlines noted in their section of the OMSAS Application Guide…

What should I include in the Autobiographical Sketch (ABS), School Submissions and/or Verifiers sections?

Applications: Law (OLSAS), Medical (OMSAS) Categories: During Application

You must decide for yourself which information to include in the ABS, the individual School Submissions and the verifiers list. We are unable to advise you on the ABS, as the universities want to see how you choose to present your information. Use your own discretion…

When entering my MCAT information, I am required to input my AAMC ID number. Where do I find this?

Applications: Medical (OMSAS) Categories: During Application

Your AAMC ID number is an 8-digit number that can be found on the MCAT THx page of the AAMC website, located in the upper right hand corner, beside your name and above your date of birth. There is a link to this website in the MCAT section of the online application…

Where can I enter my volunteer experience?

Applications: Rehab Sciences (ORPAS) Categories: During Application

The Volunteer Experience section is only for applications to Audiology or Speech-Language Pathology programs.

You can enter your volunteer experience in the Personal Submissions section of the application.

Where can I find the supplementary forms required by the Faculties of Education?

Applications: Teacher (TEAS) Categories: During Application

You can download supplementary forms from the TEAS website. You will need Adobe Reader in order to download and print the PDFs. Include your OUAC Reference Number and send all completed forms directly to the appropriate Faculties of Education by the appropriate deadlines…

Where do I complete personal statements/submissions for law schools?

Applications: Law (OLSAS) Categories: During Application

Once you have selected your law school choices, click “School Submissions” in the Application Links menu in your OLSAS application. Then, select the desired university to complete your submission for that school.