Accepting an Offer at an Ontario University
June 1, 2020, is the earliest date Ontario universities may require a response to an offer of admission and a financial commitment of any kind (e.g., registration deposit, residence deposit).
To monitor your students and ensure they meet this deadline:
- Log in to COLS.
- Run an “Applicant Status Report” using “unconfirmed only” as your selection criteria.
Ensure all your students know their password and OUAC Reference Number long before the response deadline.
The Most Common Mistake
The most common mistake students make when accepting an offer is not completing the “Submit” process.
Remind students to follow these steps to successfully submit their online acceptance:
- Don’t wait until the last day!
- Watch the “Responding to Offers of Admission” video.
- Log in to your online application.
- Click “Choices/Offers” to view your offers of admission.
- Click “Offer” or “Alternate Offer”.
- Click “Accept” to accept the offer (or “Decline” to decline the offer).
- Click “I’m ready to submit my response/changes”.
- Follow the instructions for the “Review and Submit” process.
- When you successfully complete the “Submit” process, you will immediately receive a confirmation number online. You will also receive the confirmation number by email, along with a summary of your offer responses and/or changes to your application information. Keep this email for your records.
- Once your response is processed, you will be able to log back in to your application. Return to “Choices/Offers” and you will see “Accepted” beside the program you accepted.
Students must accept their offer of admission by the deadline date specified in their offer of admission letter. It is the student’s responsibility to meet the deadline dates stipulated by the universities.
The universities reserve the right to revoke acceptances that arrive at the OUAC after the response deadline date. Universities cannot guarantee that they will re-issue offers that are not accepted by the deadline.