COLS Features and Tips
- Academic Information
- Application Information
- Test PINs
- Search OST Files
- Send OST Files
- Test OST Files
This tool allows you to:
- Update all academic information for your students, even before they apply.
- Add/delete/update multiple courses at one time, resulting in easier maintenance.
- Review any errors/warnings related to the student’s information. These errors/warnings may be the result of manual online changes or processing an Ontario Student Transcript (OST) file during a given collection period.
Using the search screen, you can easily search for errors and update any course/diploma information.
Video: How to View and Change Academic Information
Learn how to check the status of and view student files using the Academic Information function.
You can view all application information for university applicants at your school.
You can set up a preliminary data record for applicants who did not appear in the November data file so that PINs can be assigned to them. You can also use this feature for students applying to winter admission programs.
Video: Viewing and Printing PIN Letters
Watch this video to learn how to view and print student PIN Letters.
If you require further information, contact our Secondary School Processing Division:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 519-823-1940 (press 1 for English, then 1 for the direct Guidance line)
Note: COLS is available throughout the summer for academic updates, including the OSSD indicator.
If you would like to view the 101 application, you can set up a preliminary data record for yourself using the Test PINs option.
Note: You cannot submit a test application.
The “Reports” section features 2 reports:
- Applicant Status Report
- Enter selection criteria to create a report.
- Search by the same program groupings used in the 101 application.
- Sort by columns in the report.
- Available in Excel and HTML.
- Insufficient Credit Report
- View the status of your students’ 4U/M courses.
Video: Generating Reports
This video will help you generate 2 different reports to manage student information: The Applicant Status Report and the Insufficient Credit Report.
Search OST File
This tool allows you to:
- Search the processing status of all grades files you have sent to the OUAC, including test files.
- View the raw data sent in your file.
- View a file summary that includes the number of records sent, and the number and type of errors/warnings found.
- Determine exactly where these errors/warnings occurred within your file by providing you with line and position numbers.
Video: How to Search OST Files
This video will show you how to search the OST files you already sent to the OUAC.
Send OST File
“Send OST File” allows you to transfer demographic and grades data to the OUAC for potential university applicants. You can send a .zip file or select multiple files at once.
How to Send an OST File to the OUAC
- Click “Browse” to select a file from your PC.
- Click “Upload File(s)”.
- Wait for your file to appear in “Pending Files” with a “Received” status.
- Click “Process All Files” at the bottom of the screen.
Video: How to Send OST Files
This video will show you how to send your OST files to the OUAC.
Test OST Files
You can test your grades file for any collection period prior to sending it to the OUAC. This tool will help you reduce errors prior to submission.
Note: All test files are purged nightly.
Registering Users in COLS
This video is for COLS administrators to learn how to add and modify user information in COLS.