COLS Features and Tips
COLS is available to school officials at all Ontario high schools.
All schools will receive COLS registration forms in early September. For security and confidentiality reasons, you must register each year, even if you were an authorized user the year before. Please complete the registration form, with your principal’s authorization, and return it to the OUAC so we can issue your secure user ID and temporary password.
Here is an overview of some key functions available in COLS.
Clear Your Web Browser Cache
If you experience error messages or corrupt web page information when using COLS, please clear your browser cache. Clearing your cache forces your browser to retrieve the newest copy available from a website, something that does not always happen automatically.
Here are a few options:
- Press “Ctrl”+”F5” to clear the cache (works for most browsers)
- For linked pages (e.g., “Review” in “Academic Info”), to update a student’s academic information:
- Right-click the link.
- Select “Open in New Tab/Window”.
- Go to the new tab/window and press “Ctrl”+”F5”.
- Close the tab.
- Click on the link to display the page correctly.
For detailed instructions, see How to Clear Your Cache [PDF]..
This tool allows you to:
- update all academic information for your students even before they apply.
- add/delete/update multiple courses at one time, resulting in easier maintenance.
- review any errors/warnings related to the student’s information. These errors/warnings may be the result of manual online changes or processing an Ontario Student Transcript (OST) file during a given collection period.
Using the new search screen, you can easily search for errors and update any course/diploma information.
You can view all application information for university applicants at your school.
Create a PIN
You can set up a preliminary data record for applicants who did not appear in the November data file so that a PIN can be assigned. This feature is also used for students applying to January Admission (winter entry) programs.
If you require further information, contact our Secondary School Processing Division:
- By email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- By phone: 519-823-1940 (press 1 for English, then 1 for the direct Guidance line).
Note: COLS is available throughout the summer for academic updates, including the OSSD indicator.
The “Reports” section features 2 reports:
- The Applicant Status Report (Formerly the “Winter Entry” and “Choices by University” reports)
- Enter selection criteria to create a report that meets your needs
- Search by the same program groupings used in the 101 application
- Sort by columns in the report
- Available in Excel and HTML
- Insufficient Credit Report
- Use this report to view the status of your students’ 4U/M courses
Search OST File
This tool allows you to:
- search the processing status of all grades files you have sent to the OUAC, including test files;
- view the raw data sent in your file;
- view a file summary that includes the number of records sent, and the number and type of warnings/errors found; and
- determine exactly where these warning/errors occurred within your file by providing you with line and position numbers.
Send OST File
“Send OST File” (formerly “Data Upload”) allows you to transfer demographic and grades data for potential university applicants to the OUAC. You can send a zip file or select multiple files at once.
How to Send an OST File to the OUAC
- Click “Browse” to select a file from your PC.
- Click “Upload File(s)”.
- Wait for your file to appear in “Pending Files” with “Received” status.
- Click “Process All Files” at the bottom of the screen.
Test OST Files
You can test your grades file, for any collection period, prior to sending it to the OUAC. This tool will help you reduce errors prior to submission.
Note: All test files are purged nightly.