- New Process for COLS Registration (Cycle 2020)
- Watch Video: Registering Users in COLS
- Access Levels
- Watch Video: Logging in to COLS
COLS is available to school officials at all Ontario high schools. For security and confidentiality reasons, all users must register each year, even if they were authorized users in previous cycles.
New Process for COLS Registration (Cycle 2020)
Effective September 2019, only users that require “Administrator” access to COLS need to complete the COLS Administrator Registration Form [PDF] (and return it to firstname.lastname@example.org). Users requiring access other than “Administrator” access are no longer required to send a completed registration form to the OUAC.
Once the OUAC approves access and sends an email with a username and temporary password to the COLS Admin, the COLS Admin can register other users at their school using the new “COLS Registrants” option in COLS. The OUAC will then email usernames and temporary passwords to these users. View the different access levels in COLS.
- The Secondary School Data Collection Sheet is now part of the new registration form.
- School board officials who require access to COLS must complete the COLS School Board Registration Form [PDF].
Watch Video: Registering Users in COLS
View the video tutorial about how to register new and previously registered counsellors.
- Download the Registering Users in COLS video [.mp4].
- Read the Registering Users in COLS video transcript.
There are various functions available in the “Service Links” menu in COLS.
One user at each school is given “Administrator” level access. This user has access to all functions available in COLS.
|Access Level||Functions Available|
|Electronic File Upload||
|Inquiry and Upload||
|Update and Upload||
Watch Video: Logging in to COLS
Not sure where to get your user ID and password – or what exactly to do with them once you have them? Watch this video for steps on how to log in to COLS.