101 – University of Ottawa
University program information changes regularly. For the most up-to-date details, view the online application.
Last updated: October 3, 2017
- About the University of Ottawa
- Entry Points
- Deadlines for Submitting Applications
- Language of Instruction
- French Immersion Studies/Extended French Stream
- Contact Information
About the University of Ottawa
The University is located in the heart of Ottawa, the nation’s capital. You are within walking distance of the Parliament buildings, museums, libraries and the National Arts Centre.
You will enjoy a safe and friendly campus, and have easy access to the resources of the capital.
Ottawa is one of the most beautiful cities in North America, only a few hours away from Montréal and Toronto.
Over the years, numerous links have been established between the University, research institutes, teaching hospitals, government agencies and employers from the private sector. As a result, University of Ottawa students receive cutting‑edge scientific and intellectual training.
- Fall (September) for all undergraduate programs
- Winter (January) for programs from the faculties of Arts, Social Sciences and Sciences.
- Summer (May) for the faculties of Arts, Social Sciences and the Telfer School of Management. Apply directly through the University.
Deadlines for Submitting Applications
- Visual Arts (BFA & Major)
- Digital Journalism (joint program with Algonquin College)
- Music (BMus)
- Music and Science (integrated program)
- Public Relations (joint program with Algonquin College)
- Nutrition Sciences
- Social Work (offered in French only)
- Civil Law (offered in French only)
- All other programs
Language of Instruction
If you wish to apply to programs where the language of instruction is French, you must refer to the French section of the 101 application package and use the appropriate program codes.
French Immersion Studies/Extended French Stream
If you studied French as a second language in an English high school, you have an opportunity to obtain your bachelor’s degree with the “French immersion” designation for many programs or the “Extended French Stream” designation for the programs offered by the Faculty of Science. This option is tailored to the personal linguistic objectives of all students aspiring to improve or perfect their
University of Ottawa
75 Laurier Avenue East
Ottawa ON K1N 6N5
Toll‑free: 1‑877‑868‑8292, ext. 5315