101 – Ryerson University
University program information changes regularly. View the application for the most up-to-date details.
- About Ryerson University
- Visit Ryerson
- English-language Requirements
- Residence Accommodation
- Academic Accommodation Support
- Application Date
- BScN in Nursing – Collaborative Program
- Contact Information
About Ryerson University
The University is currently engaged in a renaming process.
We are Canada’s leader in innovative, career-oriented education. Here you will challenge the ordinary and achieve the extraordinary. You will go beyond what is expected to find new connections and new experiences, and you will do it all at the heart of one of Canada’s most vibrant urban centres.
We are home to more than 45,000 students, including 2,600 master’s and PhD students, 3,100 faculty and staff, and nearly 185,000 alumni worldwide. We offer 63 bachelor’s programs, more than 60 master’s and PhD programs, and 57 specialized minors.
At Ryerson, we are dedicated to creating a culture of action. For us, education and experience go hand-in-hand – what you learn in our classrooms and dynamic programs is enhanced by real-world knowledge. There’s nothing more exhilarating than making connections – between students and professors, individuals and networks, original thoughts and actual reality. We, like Toronto, are an exceptionally multicultural community, rich with diversity of perspectives, cultures and opportunities.
At the intersection of mind and action, we are recognized for:
- Being a leading centre for learning in action
- Providing opportunities for connecting beyond classrooms
- Being part of our urban community in the heart of Toronto
- Offering our global connections and opportunities to engage in international learning experiences
- Maintaining our commitment to student support for well-being and academic success
- Providing an education that will prepare you to lead and adapt in an ever-changing world
- Offering Zone learning that lets you meet and work with students from across the university to create, develop and launch your ideas
- Bachelor of Applied Science (BASc)
- Bachelor of Architectural Science (BArchSc)
- Bachelor of Arts (BA)
- Bachelor of Arts (Honours) (BA [Hons])
- Bachelor of Commerce (BComm)
- Bachelor of Commerce (Honours) (BComm [Hons])
- Bachelor of Design (BDes)
- Bachelor of Engineering (BEng)
- Bachelor of Fine Arts (BFA)
- Bachelor of Health Administration (BHA)
- Bachelor of Health Sciences (BHSc)
- Bachelor of Interior Design (BID)
- Bachelor of Journalism (BJourn)
- Bachelor of Science (BSc)
- Bachelor of Science (Honours) (BSc [Hons])
- Bachelor of Science in Nursing (BScN)
- Bachelor of Social Work (BSW)
- Bachelor of Technology (BTech)
- Bachelor of Urban and Regional Planning (BURPl)
We offer general and virtual campus tours and special events for prospective students and applicants.
Entrance and program-specific scholarships are available. We automatically consider current Ontario high school applicants for guaranteed and competitive entrance scholarships. There are many other program-specific and university-wide scholarships that require applications.
Visit our English-language Requirements web page to determine if you need to submit proof of English proficiency.
We have 4 on-campus residence buildings, the newest of which opened in fall 2019. Between these 4 buildings, there are a range of styles, including 2- to 4-bedroom apartments and single bedrooms with shared or private washrooms. We connect you with dedicated professionals, peers and student leaders to help you transition to living independently while working toward academic success.
To be eligible to apply for a space in residence, you must receive and maintain an active offer of admission to a
The deadline to submit residence applications is in early June.
Academic Accommodation Support
Academic Accommodation Support provides students with disabilities accommodation services and the support they need to achieve academic success, and access to the university within the provisions of the Ontario Human Rights Code.
Academic Accommodation Support staff work in co-operation with Ryerson departments to ensure that students with disabilities receive the services they need.
Accommodations may include, but are not limited to:
- books in alternative formats,
- sign language interpreting arrangements,
- test and exam accommodations,
- testing for learning disabilities and
- information about educational assistants and personal attendants.
For staff to support and assist with admission procedures, we advise you to identify yourself after you apply. At the time of acceptance, we will ask you to set up an appointment with a counsellor. We will also ask you to supply medical documentation of your disability.
All documents are confidential and will remain with Academic Accommodation Support. The counsellor will assist in arranging approved accommodation and will refer you to other services at the university, as needed.
In many cases, we use portfolios, interviews, auditions and references, as well as grades, to select students. We guarantee equal consideration to all applicants who apply with a complete application by the following deadline:
Grades-Plus programs select students based on grades and non-academic criteria, such as auditions, portfolios, essays, etc. Grades-Only programs select students based on academic achievement.
Many programs review applications after February 1, 2022, subject to space availability.
We will not process applications that are incomplete, including incomplete immigration information.
An additional non-academic assessment fee of $50 (subject to change) applies to most programs within The Creative School and the Architectural Science program. We will communicate further information about this fee, as applicable, after we process an application.
BScN in Nursing – Collaborative Program
If you are interested in Nursing, we have 3 locations to choose from:
- Ryerson University
- Centennial College
- George Brown College
If you choose Centennial or George Brown, you will complete the final 2 years of the program at Ryerson University and will receive a Ryerson degree.
This is a joint BScN Nursing Degree sharing the same programs of study and clinical placement settings.
350 Victoria Street
Toronto ON M5B 2K3
Immediate answers to your questions: ask.ryerson.ca
Check your Choose>Ryerson applicant portal regularly for updates about your application.