105 – General Information and Procedures

Quick Links


You are permitted only 1 application for each school year. Refunds will not be granted if multiple applications and payments are received. The OUAC will maintain only the original application.
  • Use the 105 application to apply for admission in 2020. For applications to subsequent years (i.e., 2021 and beyond), you must start a new application. This application can be obtained from the OUAC beginning in September of the year before studies are expected to begin. You will be required to pay a new processing fee and any applicable additional fees.
  • The application service fees noted in this Application Guide are valid for 2020 admission only.
  • The OUAC will send you an acknowledgement email immediately after you submit your application (assuming you provided a valid email address on your application).

Top of Page

Applying for Part‑time Study

At some universities, the 105 application must be used to apply to part‑time studies. If this information is not specified within the individual university information pages, contact the university directly to obtain the appropriate application form for part‑time studies.

Note: Use the 105 application if you are applying to Ryerson University for Midwifery as well as another Ryerson degree program or a program at another university. Otherwise, contact Ryerson directly for more information.

Remember that the application service fees are non‑refundable; if this application is used in error, application fees will not be refunded.

Top of Page

Applying to a University Where You Previously Registered

Some universities require you to apply directly through their institutions (not through the OUAC) if you were previously registered there. Rules about re‑applying vary; therefore, contact the university you previously attended to determine whether or not you should use the 105 application.

Top of Page

Reporting Previous Attendance at a University or College

You must provide information about all universities or colleges you attended, since universities normally consider all educational experiences to be part of the academic background. Universities require knowledge of your complete academic background to process your application.

Top of Page

Financial Aid

Requests for information about scholarships, bursaries and financial aid must be made directly to each university. There is no centralized financial service in Ontario, and each university offers different levels of assistance. Some universities offer scholarships based on academic merit to international applicants. Contact the individual universities for details.

Top of Page

Student Health Insurance for International Applicants

International applicants and their dependents are not eligible for free medical coverage under the Ontario Health Insurance Plan. As a result, Ontario universities have a compulsory private plan that provides equivalent coverage. Further information about this plan is available from the individual universities.

Top of Page

Study Permit (Visa)

Citizens of other countries who want to study in Canada must obtain a study permit before they can be admitted to the country. You must contact an immigration official at a Canadian Embassy that serves your country and provide proof of admission to a program of study in Canada before applying for the study permit.

Tuition fees for candidates applying to Ontario universities with a study permit are higher than those for Canadian citizens and permanent residents.

Top of Page

Verification of Documents and Information

All documents are routinely verified by the universities. Evidence of false documents will result in you being banned from the university. Information about false or incomplete documents is shared with Universities Canada.

Top of Page