105 – Transcripts
- Transcript Requirements
- Forwarding Your Transcripts to Ontario Universities
- High School Transcripts
- Quebec CEGEP Transcripts
- Transcripts from Ontario Universities and Colleges
- Transcripts from Douglas College and Kwantlen Polytechnic University
- International Transcripts
- All Other Transcripts
- Transfer Credits
Official transcripts are required for each high school, university, college, CEGEP, junior college, graduate school or other postsecondary institution that you attend, have attended or have withdrawn from.
This includes transcripts for:
- work taken on Letter of Permission,
- transfer credit or
- an exchange program.
To be official, transcripts must meet these criteria:
- be sent directly from the Registrar’s Office
- be either:
- printed on the institution’s official transcript paper and imprinted with the school’s seal and/or bear the appropriate signatures or
- sent electronically, where that procedure has been established.
If you are not able to provide official transcripts, you must contact each university’s admission office directly for advice.
Forwarding Your Transcripts to Ontario Universities
There are special procedures for obtaining transcripts from Ontario high schools, British Columbia (BC) high schools, Quebec CEGEPs, Ontario universities and colleges, and some BC universities and colleges.
You must request all other high school and all postsecondary transcripts from outside of Ontario directly from the institution and send them directly to the universities you are applying to. Contact the universities for further information.
If you add a new university to your application, you must arrange to have your official transcripts sent to this new university.
It is important that you indicate your OUAC Reference Number, full legal last name/family name, given names and any former last names/family names on all documents. This will ensure your documents are properly handled.
High School Transcripts
Ontario Secondary (High) Schools
Certain Ontario high schools allow you to request your official high school transcript electronically (completed courses only) through OCAS. You can access it from the 105 application in the Transcripts section under “Transcripts from Ontario High Schools” and “Find out if you are eligible”.
If your high school is not included in this online service, contact them to arrange for them to send your official transcript directly to your university choices. Ask your high school to indicate your OUAC Reference Number on your transcript.
The OUAC does not accept hard-copy transcripts, nor do we forward them to your university selections.
Grades for British Columbia (BC) High School Students
The OUAC acts as an agent for Ontario universities to collect grades and course information electronically for current-year BC students through the Ministry of Education in BC.
BC students must provide their Personal Education Number (PEN) in their 105 application and authorize the Ministry to release their academic record to the OUAC.
Quebec CEGEP Transcripts
An automated process sends the bulletin d’études collégiales to Ontario universities for applicants who attended/are currently attending a Quebec CEGEP.
If this applies to you, indicate your Quebec Code permanent in your application to allow the OUAC to collect and transfer your grades electronically. You do not need to forward hard-copy transcripts from your CEGEP. You must enter your gender in “Personal Information” to allow us to collect your CEGEP academic record.
Transcripts from Ontario Universities and Colleges
Online Transcript Request
Official transcripts are required for any Ontario university or college that you attend, have attended or have withdrawn from. You must request your transcript through your application, unless otherwise noted in the Exceptions for Online Transcript Requests.
By completing an online transcript request and forwarding the appropriate fees, you authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to the university choice(s) you selected; you do not need to contact the registrar’s office(s) directly.
You can access this section in your application by selecting “Transcripts”.
- If you are currently enrolled, some universities may require you to send multiple transcripts to satisfy different deadlines. Before making your request, check deadlines and requirements to ensure that you are selecting the appropriate timing, as you cannot cancel or change submitted requests.
- If you have already taken courses at the university you are now applying to, you do not need to request that transcript. However, if you make a transcript request, the OUAC will process it and will not refund the fee.
- Request only 1 transcript to be sent to each institution you are applying to. If you have applied to more than 1 program at any 1 institution, you will need to send only 1 transcript to that institution. Exception: You must order a transcript for each affiliate/campus/university college at:
- Guelph and Guelph-Humber
- Laurentian and Laurentian-Hearst
- Western University (Brescia, Huron, King’s, Main)
The OUAC is not responsible for the refusal of any institution to provide transcripts (e.g., delinquent accounts, incorrect identification). If you do not resolve these issues in a timely manner, your university choice(s) may not consider your transcript(s) upon their release.
Transcript Request Fees
The OUAC collects transcript request fees on behalf of the institutions.
For information about each institution’s transcript request fee, see Transcript Request Fees.
Transcript request fees are non-refundable.
Transcripts from Douglas College and Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Ontario universities have agreed to accept these transcripts electronically via the OUAC’s eTranscripts process.
If you attend, have attended or have withdrawn from Douglas College and/or Kwantlen Polytechnic University, you must contact these schools directly and ask them to submit your transcript(s) to each of your Ontario university choices via the OUAC.
The OUAC matches transcripts received electronically from Douglas College and/or Kwantlen Polytechnic University to your submitted application and sends them to each Ontario university specified.
Ontario universities may require undergraduate applicants to have official international academic transcripts submitted directly to World Education Services (WES) Canada for verification as part of the admission process.
Universities will notify applicants submitting international academic transcripts regarding specific submission requirements.
All Other Transcripts
You are responsible for arranging the transfer of all other transcripts and documents directly to the universities you apply to, not to the OUAC.
Top of Page
All Ontario universities offer transfer credit for courses successfully completed at recognized postsecondary institutions:
- when the courses and grades are deemed to be acceptable by the receiving institution and
- where they can be integrated into the new program.
Official transcripts are essential to the admission decision process and the universities use them to determine transfer credit or advanced standing. In some cases, the university may request that you submit detailed descriptions for the courses being considered for transfer.
Each university will correspond directly with you about these requirements.
The number of allowable transfer credits will vary according to each university’s regulations, and the nature and source of the courses in question.