105 – Transcripts

Quick Links

Transcript Requirements

Official transcripts are required for each university, college, CEGEP, junior college, graduate school or other postsecondary institution you have registered at.

This includes transcripts for the following:

  • work taken on Letter of Permission,
  • transfer credit or
  • on an exchange program.

To be official, transcripts must meet these criteria:

  • be sent directly from the Registrar’s Office,
  • be either:
    1. printed on the institution’s official transcript paper and be imprinted with the school’s seal and/or bear the appropriate signatures or
    2. sent electronically where that procedure has been established.

If you are not able to provide official transcripts, you must contact each university’s admission office directly for advice.

Top of Page

Forwarding Your Transcripts to Ontario Universities

Special procedures have been developed for obtaining transcripts from Ontario high schools, British Columbia (BC) high schools, Quebec CEGEPs, Ontario universities and colleges, and some BC universities and colleges.

All other high school and postsecondary transcripts from outside Ontario must be requested directly from the institution and sent directly to the universities you are applying to. Contact the universities for further information.

Printed transcripts and supporting documents should not be sent to the OUAC. The OUAC cannot forward these documents to the universities and will not return them to you.

If you add a new university to your application, you must arrange to have your official transcripts sent to this new university.

It is important that you indicate your OUAC Reference Number, full legal last name/family name, given names, and any former last names/family names on all documents. Doing so will ensure your documents are properly handled.

Top of Page

High School Transcripts

Ontario Secondary (High) Schools

Certain Ontario high schools allow you to request your official high school transcript electronically (for completed courses only). The OUAC has partnered with OCAS to offer this service to university applicants. You can access it from the 105 application in the “Transcripts” section under “Transcripts from Ontario High Schools” and “Find out if you are eligible”.

If your high school is not included in this online service, contact the high school to arrange for your official transcript to be sent directly to your university choices. Ask the high school to indicate your OUAC Reference Number on your transcript.

Grades for British Columbia (BC) High School Students

The OUAC acts as an agent for Ontario universities to collect grades and course information electronically for current-year BC students through the Ministry of Education in BC. We collect the following:

  • Grades for completed courses and midterm grades (May)
  • Final grades (July)

BC students must provide their PEN in their 105 application and authorize the Ministry to release their academic record to the OUAC.

However, if you are a BC high school applicant and wish to be considered for admission to an Ontario university between January and March, you should ensure that an official hard-copy transcript of your grades is sent directly to the Ontario universities as soon as first semester grades are available.

Top of Page

Quebec CEGEP Transcripts

An automated process sends the bulletin d’études collégiales to Ontario universities for applicants who attended/are currently attending a Quebec CEGEP. If this applies to you, indicate your Quebec Code permanent in your application to allow the OUAC to collect and transfer your grades electronically. In this case, you do not need to forward hard-copy transcripts from your CEGEP. You must enter your gender in “Personal Information” to allow us to collect your CEGEP academic record.

Top of Page

Transcripts from Ontario Universities and Colleges

Online Transcript Requests

If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario university or college, you must request transcripts through your online application, unless otherwise noted in the Exceptions for Online Transcript Requests.

Additional Information

  • If you are currently enrolled, some universities may require you to send multiple transcripts to satisfy different deadlines. Before making your request, check deadlines and requirements to ensure that you are selecting the appropriate timing as submitted requests cannot be cancelled or changed.
  • If you have already taken courses at the university you are now applying to, you do not need to request that transcript. However, if you make a transcript request, it will be processed and the fee will not be refunded.
  • Request only 1 transcript to be sent to each institution you are applying to. If you have applied to more than 1 program at any 1 institution, you will need to send only 1 transcript to that institution. Exception: You must order a transcript for each affiliate/campus/university college at:
    • Guelph and Guelph-Humber
    • Laurentian and Laurentian-Hearst
    • Western University (Brescia, Huron, Main, King’s)

Transcript Request Fees

Transcript request fees are collected by the OUAC on behalf of the institutions.

For information about each institution’s transcript request fee, see Transcript Request Fees.

The transcript request fees are non-refundable.

The OUAC is not responsible for the refusal of any institution to provide transcripts (e.g., delinquent accounts, incorrect identification). If you do not resolve these issues in a timely manner, your university choice(s) may not consider your transcript(s) upon their release.

Note: By completing the online transcript request and submitting it with your application and appropriate fees (application service fee, transcript request fees, plus any applicable additional choice fees and supplemental fees), you authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to the university choice(s) that you have selected. Submitted requests cannot be cancelled or changed and all fees are non-refundable.

Top of Page

Transcripts from Douglas College and Kwantlen Polytechnic University

Ontario universities have agreed to accept these transcripts electronically via the OUAC’s eTranscripts process.

If you attended, or are currently attending, Douglas College and/or Kwantlen Polytechnic University, you must contact these schools directly and ask them to submit your transcript(s) to each of your Ontario university choices.

Douglas College and Kwantlen Polytechnic University will not automatically send your transcripts to Ontario universities.

Transcripts received electronically from Douglas College and/or Kwantlen Polytechnic University are matched to your submitted OUAC application and re-routed to each Ontario university specified.

Top of Page

International Transcripts

Ontario universities may require undergraduate applicants to have official international academic transcripts submitted directly to World Education Services (WES) Canada for verification as part of the admission process. Universities will notify applicants submitting international academic transcripts regarding specific submission requirements.

Top of Page

All Other Transcripts

You are responsible for arranging the transfer of all other transcripts and documents to the universities you are applying to.

Top of Page

Transfer Credits

All Ontario universities offer transfer credit for courses successfully completed at recognized postsecondary institutions:

  • when the courses and grades are deemed to be acceptable by the receiving institution and
  • where they can be integrated into the new program.

In addition to being essential to the admission decision process, official transcripts are used to determine transfer credit or advanced standing. In some cases, the university may request that you submit detailed descriptions for the courses being considered for transfer.

Each university will correspond directly with you about these requirements.

The number of allowable transfer credits will vary according to each university’s regulations, and the nature and source of the courses in question.

Top of Page