105 – Transcripts

Quick Links

A transcript is a record of your academic performance at an educational institution. Usually, a transcript is considered official if it is produced by, and bears the seal of, the institution that issues it. Universities will not generally accept unofficial copies.

If you are not able to provide official transcripts, you must contact each university’s admissions office directly for advice.

Forwarding Your Transcripts to the Universities

You must request all high school transcripts and all postsecondary transcripts from outside Ontario directly from the institution and arrange for the transcripts to be sent directly to the universities. Contact the universities for further information.

Note: Transcripts and supporting documents should not be sent to the OUAC. The OUAC cannot forward these documents to the universities and will not return them to you.

If you add a new university to your application, you must arrange to have your official transcripts sent to this new university.

It is important that you indicate your OUAC Reference Number, full legal last name/family name, given names, and any former last names/family names on all documents. Doing so will ensure your documents are properly handled.

Special procedures have been developed for obtaining transcripts from Ontario high schools, British Columbia (BC) high schools, Quebec CEGEPs and Ontario universities and colleges.

Top of Page

High School Transcripts

Ontario High Schools

Certain Ontario high schools allow you to request your official high school transcript electronically (completed courses only). The OUAC has partnered with the Ontario College Application Service (OCAS) to offer this service to university applicants. You can access it from the 105 application in the “Transcript Request” section under “Find out if you’re eligible”.

If your high school is not included in this online service, contact the high school to arrange for your official transcript to be sent directly to your university choices. Ask the high school to indicate your OUAC Reference Number on your transcript.

Grades for British Columbia (BC) High School Students

The OUAC acts as an agent for Ontario universities to electronically collect grades and course information for current-year BC students through the Ministry of Education in BC. We collect the following:

  • Grades for completed courses and midterm grades (May)
  • Final grades (July)

BC students must provide their PEN in their 105 application and authorize the Ministry to release their academic record to the OUAC.

However, if you are a BC high school applicant and wish to be considered for admission to an Ontario university between January and March, you should do the following:

  • Ensure that an official hard-copy transcript of your grades is sent directly to the Ontario universities as soon as first semester grades are available.
  • Request, in person, a transcript in a sealed envelope directly from your high school office.
  • Mail the transcript directly to the Ontario universities you applied to for early consideration.

Quebec CEGEP Transcripts

An automated process sends the bulletin d’études collégiales to Ontario universities for applicants who attended/are currently attending a Quebec CEGEP. If this applies to you, indicate your Quebec Code permanent in your application to allow the OUAC to collect and transfer your grades electronically. In this case, you do not need to forward hard-copy transcripts from your CEGEP.

Top of Page

Transcripts from Ontario Universities or Colleges

If you attend or previously attended an Ontario university or college, you can request transcripts through your online application. By completing the online transcript request you give the OUAC permission to electronically receive your grades from institutions you attended, or are currently attending, and transfer them to your selected universities.

All Ontario universities and colleges have co‑operated in developing this transcript system.


  • The Royal Military College of Canada is not part of the electronic transcript request system.
  • Transcript requests from the following University of Toronto divisions or programs must be made directly to that division:
    • Additional Qualifications Program (AQ) at the Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE)
    • Continuing Studies
    • Toronto School of Theology
    • Woodsworth Pre-University Program
  • Transcript requests for the following York University departments:
    • York University English Language Institute (YUELI) – must be made directly to that department
    • Schulich Executive Education – must be made directly to that department
    • Continuing Studies or Continuing Education – must be made to the Division of Continuing Education
    • Additional Qualification (AQ) courses taken after 1993 – must be made to Research and Field Development, Faculty of Education
  • Algoma University is a former affiliate of Laurentian University. Applicants who were Laurentian-Algoma graduates before 2009 should request transcripts from Laurentian. All students admitted during or after 2009 are Algoma University students and must request transcripts from Algoma University.

Need help? Call us at 519-823-1063 about these transcript request exceptions.

The OUAC is not responsible for the refusal of any institution to provide transcripts (e.g., because of a delinquent account or incorrect/insufficient student identification). If a university cannot provide your requested transcript, the OUAC will notify you.

Fees are $12 per transcript requested, except for transcripts requested from the following schools, which do not have a fee:


  • Carleton University
  • McMaster University


  • Algonquin College
  • Cambrian College
  • Confederation College
  • Fanshawe College
  • Humber College
  • Loyalist College
  • Mohawk College
  • Niagara College
  • St. Clair College
  • St. Lawrence College
  • Sheridan College

Top of Page

International Transcripts

Ontario universities may require undergraduate applicants to have official international academic transcripts submitted directly to World Education Services (WES) Canada for verification as part of the admission process. Universities will notify applicants submitting international academic transcripts regarding specific submission requirements.

Top of Page

All Other Transcripts

You are responsible for arranging the transfer of all other transcripts and documents to the universities you are applying to.

Top of Page

Transfer Credits

All Ontario universities offer transfer credit for courses successfully completed at recognized postsecondary institutions:

  • when the courses and grades are deemed to be acceptable by the receiving institution, and
  • where they can be integrated into the new program.

In addition to being essential to the admission decision process, official transcripts are used to determine transfer credit or advanced standing. In some cases, the university may request that you submit detailed descriptions for the courses being considered for transfer.

Each university will correspond directly with you about these requirements.

The number of allowable transfer credits will vary according to each university’s regulations and the nature and source of the courses in question.

Top of Page