The Ontario Medical School Application Service (OMSAS) is a not‑for‑profit, centralized application service for applicants to the 6 Ontario medical schools.
- Michael G. DeGroote School of Medicine (McMaster University)
- Northern Ontario School of Medicine
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- University of Toronto
- Schulich School of Medicine (Western University)
OMSAS was developed by admissions personnel at these schools and is operated by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities.
Its purpose is threefold:
- facilitate the process of applying to Ontario medical schools;
- reduce duplication in application processing; and
- save time and resources for the applicants and the institutions.
Each medical school is completely autonomous in reaching its own admission decisions. OMSAS only provides the application processing service and only processes applications for admission to Ontario medical schools. For more information about the academic program and admissions, contact the medical schools directly.
There is 1 common application and 1 set of academic documents used to apply for admission to the Ontario medical schools. You must complete an online application to apply to Ontario medical schools. There are no paper applications.
- Please be aware that the application process is lengthy. The amount of time required depends on the number of schools you apply to. Allow 10 to 30 hours to prepare your application.
- OMSAS will process and forward applications to all requested medical schools, regardless of your qualifications or the completeness of your application. There are no refunds.
- “Collect” courier deliveries (COD) of any documents are not accepted.
- Each Ontario medical school has its own admission requirements and reserves the right to determine whether degrees granted by postsecondary institutions are suitable for the purpose of admission. Please be aware of these variations and be sure you qualify for consideration before submitting your application to OMSAS.
Note: The OUAC and the medical schools reserve the right to amend the information presented as necessary at any time.
The medical schools and OMSAS do not endorse or support presentations or publications other than their own. Up‑to‑date information should be obtained directly from the schools’ admissions offices or their websites.