TEAS – About
The Teacher Education Application Service (TEAS) is a not‑for‑profit, centralized application service for applicants to the faculties of education at Ontario universities.
- Brock University
- Lakehead University
- Université Laurentienne
- Nipissing University
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- University of Toronto
- Trent University
- University of Ontario Institute of Technology
- Western University
- Wilfrid Laurier University
- University of Windsor
- York University
TEAS was developed by the admissions personnel at these schools and is operated by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities.
Its purpose is threefold:
- facilitate applying to teacher education programs,
- reduce duplication in application processing, and
- save time and resources for the applicants and the institutions.
Each faculty of education is completely autonomous in reaching its own admission decisions. TEAS only provides the application processing service and only processes applications for admission to Ontario teacher education programs.
TEAS will process and forward applications and amendments to all requested faculties of education, regardless of your qualifications or the date your application/amendment is received. This does not imply that these applications will be considered by the faculties of education.
- There are no refunds.
- The order of your choices does not affect the universities’ admission decisions.
Use the Proper Application
Use the TEAS application to apply for admission to a program leading to the Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification in a consecutive program at an Ontario faculty of education.
- To apply to a concurrent program, use the undergraduate application (OUAC 105).
- To apply for a graduate degree in Teacher Education, contact each faculty of education directly.
- If you hold an Ontario College of Teachers Certificate of Qualification and wish to take additional courses in education, use the university application available at each faculty of education.
- For information about mature student status, contact each university directly.