TEAS – Applicant Responsibilities and Requirements
- Become familiar with and observe the application procedures for each faculty of education you apply to.
- Submit your application and all supporting documentation before the deadlines.
- TEAS must receive completed applications and program choice amendments by December 1, 2017.
- Submit only 1 TEAS application for 2018.
You will receive an OUAC/TEAS Reference Number (2018‑7xxxxx) when you successfully submit your application, or a confirmation number when you successfully submit changes to your application and/or respond to offers of admission.
- Submit your application as soon as possible since some faculties of education may require additional application information, interviews, essays or language facility tests before an admission decision can be made.
- Failure to comply with the admission requirements and deadlines may result in your application being cancelled.
- Application fees are non‑refundable.
School Board Requirements for Police Record Checks
To meet Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) requirements, Teacher Education programs require successful completion of practice teaching in Ontario schools.
School boards require students on practice teaching assignments in Ontario schools to complete a satisfactory police record check, including Vulnerable Sector Screening, prior to having direct contact with students. Without a satisfactory police record check, the schools will not allow you to participate in practice teaching.
This check is not required until an offer of admission to a faculty of education is received. This requirement is separate from the OCT’s criminal record check.
Eligibility for Teaching Certification in Ontario
Those who wish to teach in Ontario’s publicly funded education system must be certified by the OCT.