Graduate Applications Notice and Declaration
Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information by the OUAC (Graduate Programs)
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (“OUAC”, “we” or “us”) is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities (COU). We process applications for admission to Ontario university programs on behalf of the Ontario universities.
We are committed to respecting your privacy. This notice supplements our Privacy Statement and applies when you prepare, complete and submit an application to a graduate program at an Ontario university. Please read our Privacy Statement.
By applying through the OUAC, you authorize us to collect your personal information directly from you and from other organizations, as necessary, to complete and process your application. You also agree that we will disclose to the universities you apply to (the “Chosen Universities”) the personal information you provide to us and other personal information we collect in connection with your application. The Chosen Universities collect your personal information through the OUAC in accordance with their enabling legislation for the purposes of recruitment, admission and registration. Universities may use and disclose your personal information for other purposes in accordance with their own admission and personal information policies and practices. The notices of collection of personal information for each Ontario university can be found on their websites. Please review the policies of your Chosen Universities for further information.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- We collect the personal information you provide in your application, or in reference to your application, as set out in our Privacy Statement, to process your application to your Chosen Universities.
- We and/or your Chosen Universities use your email address to communicate with you.
- If you order electronic transcripts in support of your application, we will use your personal information to process your transcript request.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We disclose your personal information, including the personal information in your application, to each of your Chosen Universities, as set out in our Privacy Statement.
- If you order electronic transcripts in support of your application, we disclose your personal information to the institutions where you ordered your transcripts from to process your transcript request.
- We and/or your Chosen Universities may notify universities and colleges across Canada and/or regulatory authorities and law enforcement, at our absolute discretion, if you withhold information or submit any information with your application that is determined to be false, misleading or written by a third party, or if it contains evidence of academic dishonesty or inappropriate or unethical conduct.
You consent to the personal information practices set out in the OUAC Privacy Statement and the Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information by the OUAC (Graduate Programs).
You certify the following:
I certify that the personal information and documents submitted, or to be submitted, in this application, are true, complete and correct, including my declarations of citizenship and immigration status in Canada. I certify that all information requested in this application has been disclosed.
I understand that it is my responsibility to keep the OUAC and the universities where I have applied or registered informed of any changes to the information in my application, and I agree to update my application immediately after any such change occurs.
You also agree that you must:
- Provide the required personal information requested in this application, along with your application fee. Universities will not consider incomplete applications. Your Chosen Universities may require additional personal information and/or submissions to complete your application.
- Keep your OUAC username, password and application reference number confidential and secure. You must notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of this information.
Note: We and the universities reserve the right to verify any information provided as part of your application. If you withhold information or submit any information that is determined to be false, misleading or written by a third party, we and/or the universities may, at our absolute discretion, invalidate the application, resulting in its immediate rejection or in the revocation of an offer of admission or registration at a university.
- Review our Privacy Statement.
- Contact the OUAC Privacy Officer: