Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) Declaration and Notice
Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Personal Information by the OUAC (Transcript Requests)
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities (COU). We process applications and transcript requests for admission to Ontario university programs on behalf of the Ontario universities. We will forward your transcript request information to this university.
By requesting transcripts through the OUAC, you agree that the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) and the universities will obtain the personal information you provide to us and that we will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information as set out in this Declaration and Notice.
The OCT and the universities have their own declaration and privacy policies, which you should review.
- Provide all personal information requested in this transcript request, along with your transcript fee.
- Keep your OUAC username, password and other registration information confidential and secure. Notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access, use or disclosure of this information.
- Ensure that the information you provide is truthful, complete and correct.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- We collect the personal information you provide in your transcript request to process your request.
- We collect payment information when you pay (or someone else pays) this transcript. All credit card processing is done by a third party and no cardholder data is collected, transmitted or stored on OUAC systems.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We disclose your personal information to the universities.
- We disclose your transcript information to the OCT.
- If a third party pays for your transcript request and has questions about the payment, we disclose personal information, as necessary and appropriate, to respond to these questions.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- We keep current and historic electronic versions of your applications, in accordance with our Records Retention Policy.
- We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure of your personal information.
- We store electronic records off-site as part of our disaster recovery procedures.
- We maintain the confidentiality of all personal information we collect in connection with your application and disclose such personal information only for the purposes described in this Declaration and Notice.
Last updated: July 20, 2017