Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Personal Information by the OUAC
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities (COU). We process applications for admission to Ontario university programs on behalf of the Ontario universities. We forward your application to this university.
We are committed to protecting your privacy in relation to the personal information you provide in support of your application.
By applying through the OUAC, you agree that your chosen universities will obtain the personal information you provide to us and that we will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information as set out in this Declaration and Notice.
- Provide all personal information requested in this application, along with your application fee. The university will not consider incomplete applications. The university may require additional personal information and/or submissions to complete your application.
- Keep your OUAC username, password and application reference number confidential and secure. Notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access, use or disclosure of this information.
- Ensure that your application information and all supporting documentation is truthful, complete and correct. The university reserves the right to verify any information provided as part of this application. If you withhold information or submit any information that is determined to be false, misleading, or written by a third party, we and/or the university may, at our absolute discretion, invalidate the application, resulting in its immediate rejection or in the revocation of an offer of admission or registration at a university. Any such information may be shared by the OUAC, or by universities and colleges, with other universities and colleges across Canada.
- Protect the personal information in your application and do not provide it to other organizations in any form (e.g., paper, PDF).
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- We collect the personal information you provide in your application, or in reference to your application, to process your application to the university.
- We collect payment information when you pay (or someone else pays) for your application. We use this information to process your payment. All credit card processing is done by a third party and no cardholder data is collected, transmitted or stored on OUAC systems.
- We and/or the university use your email address to communicate with you.
- If you order electronic transcripts in support of your application, we may use your personal information to process your transcript request.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We disclose your application information to the university.
- If a third party pays for your application and has questions about the payment, we disclose personal information, as necessary and appropriate, to respond to these questions.
- We and/or the university notify universities and colleges across Canada, at our absolute discretion, if you withhold information or submit any information connected with your application that is determined to be false, misleading, or written by a third party, or if it contains evidence of academic dishonesty or inappropriate or unethical conduct. Fraudulent use of credit cards or demanding/obtaining unauthorized application fee reimbursement is considered unethical.
- We and/or the university may disclose your personal information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- If you order electronic transcripts in support of your application, we disclose your personal information to the institutions from which you have ordered your transcripts, in order to process your transcript request.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- We keep current and historic electronic versions of your applications, in accordance with our Records Retention Policy.
- We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure of your personal information.
- We store electronic records off-site as part of our disaster recovery procedures.
- We maintain the confidentiality of all personal information we collect in connection with your application and disclose such personal information only for the purposes described in this Declaration and Notice.
Last updated: July 20, 2017