Undergrad-Contract Declaration and Notice
Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Personal Information by the OUAC
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities (COU). We process applications for admission to Ontario university programs on behalf of the Ontario universities. We forward your application to the universities of your choice.
We are committed to protecting your privacy in relation to the personal information you provide in support of your application.
By applying through the OUAC, you agree that your chosen universities will obtain the personal information you provide to us and that we will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information as set out in this Declaration and Notice.
- Provide all personal information requested in this application, along with your application fee. The university will not consider incomplete applications. The university may require additional personal information and/or submissions to complete your application.
- Keep your OUAC username, password and application reference number confidential and secure. Notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access, use or disclosure of this information.
- Ensure that your application information and all supporting documentation is truthful, complete and correct. The university reserves the right to verify any information provided as part of this application. If you withhold information or submit any information that is determined to be false, misleading, or written by a third party, we and/or the university may, at our absolute discretion, invalidate the application, resulting in its immediate rejection or in the revocation of an offer of admission or registration at a university. Any such information may be shared by the OUAC, or by Ontario universities and colleges, with other universities and colleges across Canada and/or other regulatory authorities (e.g., Canadian Border Services Agency).
- Protect the personal information in your application and do not provide it to other organizations in any form (e.g., paper, PDF).
- Understand that, if you choose to use email or chat to communicate with us, the contents of your communications are not secure.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- We collect the personal information you provide in your application, or in reference to your application, to process your application to your chosen universities.
- We collect payment information when you pay (or someone else pays) for your application. We use this information to process your payment. All credit card processing is done by a third party and no cardholder data is collected, transmitted or stored on OUAC systems.
- We and/or the university use your email address to communicate with you. The universities will have access to emails sent to you by the OUAC.
- If you order electronic transcripts in support of your application, we may use your personal information to process your transcript request.
- We track your online application activity using cookies and varied web analytics. We and/or the universities may use this data in non-personally identifiable reports to track navigation paths, maintain and improve the application system and for other purposes in accordance with our/their policies and practices.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We disclose your application information to the universities you apply to.
- If a third party pays for your application and has questions about the payment, we disclose personal information, as necessary and appropriate, to respond to these questions.
- We and/or the university notify universities and colleges across Canada and/or other regulatory authorities (e.g., Canadian Border Services Agency), at our absolute discretion, if you withhold information or submit any information connected with your application that is determined to be false, misleading, or written by a third party, or if it contains evidence of academic dishonesty or inappropriate or unethical conduct. Fraudulent use of credit cards or demanding/obtaining unauthorized application fee reimbursement is considered unethical.
- We and/or the university may disclose your personal information to regulatory authorities, law enforcement or other persons, as authorized or required by law.
- If you order electronic transcripts in support of your application, we disclose your personal information to the institutions from which you have ordered your transcripts, in order to process your transcript request.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- We keep current year and historic electronic versions of data you provided in your application for 7 years, including your demographic, academic and program choice data, in accordance with our Data Retention and Disposal Policy. This data remains in Canada.
- We store electronic records off-site as part of our disaster recovery procedures. These records also remain in Canada.
- If you have created an OUAC account but have never submitted an application, we will destroy your account and all related personal information (paper or electronic) at the end of the application cycle.
- We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure of your personal information.
- We maintain the confidentiality of all personal information we collect in connection with your application and disclose such personal information only for the purposes described in this Declaration and Notice.
You are required to consent to the personal information practices as set out in the “Declaration and Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Your Personal Information by the OUAC”, and to certify the following statement:
I certify that the personal information and documents submitted, or to be submitted, in this application, are true, complete and correct, including my declarations as to citizenship and immigration status in Canada; and that all information requested in this application has been disclosed.
I understand that it is my responsibility to keep the universities, to which I have applied or at which I register, informed of any changes to the information in my application materials, and I agree to do so immediately after any such change occurs.
Last updated: August 29, 2019