Last updated: October 16, 2019
This web page was created to help you submit your reference. For more assistance, email us.
How to Convert a Word Document to a PDF File
1. Open Your Word Document
When you have the Word document open, click “File”, then “Save As”, and select the location where you want to save your document.
Tip: We recommend saving your document to your desktop so that you can find it easily.
2. Change “Save As” File Type to PDF
Under the file name, select the PDF option from the drop-down menu for “Save As” file type. Your file name will now change from a .docx to a .pdf.
Tip: To avoid upload errors, do not use special characters or spaces in your file name. Underscores are acceptable.
3. Save Your PDF
Select “Save”. Your Word document is now a PDF!
4. Upload Your PDF
Once saved, browse to where you saved your PDF and upload it to the reference.
Tip: If you saved it to your Desktop, your PDF will show up as an icon on your computer screen.
How to Scan a Signed Document
1. Ensure Your Scanner is Properly Installed
To check to see if your scanner is properly installed, open the “Start” menu and click
2. Print the Document
Open the reference, select “File”, then “Print”. Choose your printer.
3. Sign the Document
Sign the document in the required fields, ensuring all information is legible and accurate.
4. Scan the Signed Document
Place the document on the scanner, then select “Scan”, paying attention to the orientation of your document (portrait, landscape, text facing up or down). Your scanner should automatically send the scanned PDF file to your connected computer. Otherwise, select “Scan To Email Address” and manually enter your personal email address.
5. Collect Scanned Document and Save to Desktop
Once you receive the scanned PDF file, save it to your desktop.
6. Send Your Signed Form to the OUAC
- Return to the secure online form, which was provided to you in an email from: firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the hyperlink in the email and fill out the online form.
- Attach your letter in the “File Upload” section by selecting “Browse” and upload your PDF letter from your desktop.
- If you would like to revise your reference, press “Save”.
- When you are ready to submit your online form and letter, click “Submit”.