Last updated: August 3, 2017
This webpage has been created to help you submit your reference. For more assistance, please email email@example.com
How to Convert a Word Doc to a PDF file
1. Open your Word Doc
When you have the Word Doc open, click “File”, then “Save As”, and select the location where you want to save your document
Tip: We recommend saving it to your desktop so you can find it easily.
2. Change “Save As type” to PDF
Under the file name, you will see a drop-down option for “Save as type”. Select the PDF (*.pdf) option. Your file name will now change from a .docx to a .pdf
Tip: To avoid upload errors, do not use special characters or spaces in your file name. Underscores are acceptable.
3. Save Your PDF
Select “Save”. Your Word document is now a PDF!
4. Upload Your PDF
Once saved, browse to where you saved your PDF and upload it to the reference.
Tip: If you saved it to your Desktop, your PDF will show up as an icon on your computer screen.
How to Scan a Signed Document
1. Ensure Your Scanner is Properly Installed
To check the see if your scanner is properly installed, open the “Start” menu and click “Devices and Printers”. If you cannot automatically find your scanner, add it via “Add a Device” for wireless printers or via “Add a Printer” for wire-connected scanners and printers.
2. Print the Document
Open the reference, select “File”, then “Print”. Choose your printer.
3. Sign the Document
Sign the document in the required fields, ensuring all information is legible and accurate.
4. Scan the Signed Document
Place the document on the scanner, then select “Scan”, paying attention to the orientation of your document (portrait, landscape, text facing up or down). Your scanner should automatically send the scanned PDF to your connected computer. Otherwise, select “Scan To Email Address” and manually enter your personal email address.
5. Collect Scanned Document and Save to Desktop
Once you receive the scanned PDF document, save it to your desktop.
6. Send your Signed Form to the OUAC
- Return to the secure online form, provided to you in an email from firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Click the hyperlink in the email and fill out the online form.
- Attach your letter in the File Upload section by selecting “Browse”, and upload your PDF letter from your desktop.
- If you would like to revise your reference, press “Save”.
- When ready to submit your online form and letter, click “Submit”.