Undergraduate Application Statistics
The statistics are cumulative as of the dates listed:
- February 8, 2017 (Secondary School statistics only)
- March 8, 2017 (Secondary School statistics only)
- April 12, 2017
- May 10, 2017
- June 14, 2017
- July 19, 2017
- August 9, 2017
- September 20, 2017
Important Background Information
Annual fluctuations in application volumes are a product of a number of factors and should be interpreted with caution.
- These applications are for full-time, year-one, fall-entry, undergraduate university study.
- The “Secondary School” application category refers to applications received from Ontario secondary school students who were registered in secondary school during the 2016-2017 academic year.
- These figures represent the number of applications, (i.e., selections of university programs). These figures do not reflect the number of “individuals” applying to each university.
- The “Non-Secondary” application category refers to all domestic and foreign applications for first-year university entry other than those applications received from Ontario secondary school applicants. Application patterns for this group are different and therefore the first reporting date is in April.
- “Secondary School” application figures are relatively firm and complete in February. As application deadlines for the “Non-Secondary” application category vary from institution to institution, these statistics are not firm until mid-July and continue to change until the mid-September report.
- There are many reasons for fluctuations in application volumes. Please refer to individual university websites or contact their admissions or public relations offices for further information. Please do not refer to individual institutional figures without including the institutional commentary as applicable.
Important notice: The universities’ comments on application statistics do not necessarily reflect the views of the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre or those of the Council of Ontario Universities.