Undergraduate Application Statistics
- As of 2022, the format for undergraduate application statistics posted on the OUAC website has changed. We have simplified the format of the statistics to make them easier to understand.
- Application statistics by program group are no longer available on our website. We encourage media outlets with questions about program group statistics to email our Events Department.
- We encourage reporters, bloggers or others who intend to write about OUAC statistics to contact us to ensure that they understand the data and can interpret it correctly. We would be happy to answer any questions that we can. Email our Events Department if you would like to talk to someone at the OUAC about this data.
Statistics Release Dates
Statistics for fall 2023 admission will be released on the following dates. The statistics are cumulative as of the dates listed.
- February 15, 2023 (Secondary School statistics only)
- March 15, 2023 (Secondary School statistics only)
- April 12, 2023
- May 17, 2023
- June 14, 2023
- July 12, 2023
- August 16, 2023
- September 13, 2023
Important Background Information
Annual fluctuations in application volumes are due to several factors and should be interpreted with caution.
- These applications are for full-time, first-year, fall-entry, undergraduate university study. The “Ontario Secondary School (101)” application category refers to applications received from Ontario secondary school students who were registered in secondary school during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- The “application” figures represent the number of applications, (i.e., selections of university programs). They do not reflect the number of “individuals” applying to each university.
- The “All Other Applicants (105)” application category refers to all domestic and foreign applications for first-year university entry other than those applications received from Ontario secondary school applicants. These include out-of-province/country secondary school students, mature students, transfer students, etc. Application patterns for this group are different and therefore the first reporting date is in April.
- “Ontario Secondary School (101)” application figures are relatively firm and complete in February. As application deadlines for the “All Other Applicants (105)” application category vary from institution to institution, these statistics are not firm until mid-July and continue to change until the mid-September report.
- There are many reasons for fluctuations in application volumes. Refer to individual university websites or contact their admission or public relations offices for further information. Do not refer to individual institutional figures without including the institutional commentary, as applicable.
Note: The universities’ comments on application statistics do not necessarily reflect the views of the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre or those of the Council of Ontario Universities.