Undergraduate Confirmation Statistics
- As of 2022, the format for undergraduate confirmation statistics posted on the OUAC website has changed. We have simplified the format of the statistics to make them easier to understand.
- Confirmation statistics by program group are no longer available on our website. We encourage media outlets with questions about program group statistics to email our Events Department.
- We encourage reporters, bloggers or others who intend to write about OUAC statistics to contact us to ensure that they understand the data and can interpret it correctly. We would be happy to answer any questions that we can. Email our Events Department if you would like to talk to someone at the OUAC about this data.
Statistics Release Dates
Statistics for fall 2023 admission will be released on the following dates. The statistics are cumulative as of the dates listed.
- June 14, 2023
- July 12, 2023
- August 16, 2023
- September 13, 2023
Important Background Information
Annual fluctuations in application volumes are due to several factors and should be interpreted with caution.
- These confirmations are applicant acceptances for full- time, first-year, fall-entry, undergraduate university study. These figures represent the number of confirmed acceptances for undergraduate study at an Ontario university. Applicants can accept only 1 offer of admission at a time.
- The “Ontario Secondary School (101)” category refers to the confirmations received from Ontario secondary school students who were registered in secondary school during the 2022-2023 academic year.
- The “All Other Applicants (105)” category refers to all domestic and foreign confirmations for first-year university entry other than those applications received from Ontario secondary school applicants. These include out-of-province/country secondary school students, mature students, transfer students, etc.
- There are many reasons for fluctuations in confirmation volumes. Refer to individual university websites or contact their admission or public relations offices for further information. Do not refer to individual institutional figures without including the institutional commentary, as applicable.