OLSAS – Transcripts

Last updated: February 6, 2018

Quick Links

Important: OLSAS must receive your transcripts by the following dates:

  • November 1, 2017, for first-year English programs
  • March 1, 2018, for first-year French programs
  • May 1, 2018, for upper-year programs

Transcript Requirements

Official transcripts are required for each university, college, CEGEP, junior college, graduate school or other postsecondary institution at which you have registered.

This includes transcripts for the following:

  • work taken on Letter of Permission,
  • transfer credit, or
  • on an exchange program.

OLSAS does not require International Baccalaureate (IB) or Advanced Placement (AP) transcripts.

To be official, transcripts must meet these criteria:

  • be sent directly from the Registrar’s Office to OLSAS,
  • be printed on the institution’s official transcript paper, and
  • be imprinted with the school’s seal and/or bear the appropriate signatures.

OLSAS cannot accept copies of undergraduate transcripts provided by you or graduate departments. Photocopies are not acceptable.

Top of Page

Transcript Arrangements

Arrange with the Registrar’s Office(s) of each university, college or CEGEP that you attended to send complete official transcript(s) of all course work completed to date directly to:

170 Research Lane
Guelph ON  N1G 5E2

These must be received by:

  • November 1, 2017 for first-year English programs.
  • March 1, 2018 for first-year French programs.
  • May 1, 2018 for upper year programs.

Only 1 copy is required.

Note: It is not possible to notify you of any outstanding transcripts at the time of the deadline.

If you attended or are attending a university/college that does not issue transcripts, you must arrange with the registrar to provide OLSAS with an official statement of attendance and degree granted.

Top of Page

Transcripts from an Ontario University or College

Online Transcript Request

  • If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario university, you must request your transcript through your online application.
  • If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario college, you may request your transcript through your online application.

By completing the online transcript request and forwarding the appropriate fees, you authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to OLSAS; you do not need to contact the registrar’s office directly.

You can access this section in your online application by selecting “Transcripts”.

OLSAS must receive your online transcript request by the appropriate deadlines to satisfy the transcript deadline requirement.

Transcripts requested when you apply online will not include the current year’s results.


  • You cannot use the online transcript request to order transcripts from the Royal Military College of Canada.
  • Transcript requests from the following University of Toronto divisions or programs must be made directly to that division:
    • Additional Qualifications Program (AQ) at OISE;
    • Continuing Studies;
    • Toronto School of Theology; and
    • Woodsworth Pre-University Program.
  • Transcript requests from the following York University departments:
    • York University English Language Institute (YUELI) – must be made directly to that department.
    • Schulich Executive Education – must be made directly to that department.
    • Continuing Studies or Continuing Education – must be made to the Division of Continuing Education.
    • Requests for Additional Qualification (AQ) courses taken after 1993 – must be made to Research and Field Development, Faculty of Education.
  • Algoma University is a former affiliate campus of Laurentian University. If you are a Laurentian-Algoma student or graduate, please request transcripts from Laurentian. All students admitted during or after 2009 are Algoma students.

Need help? Call 519-823-1063.

The OUAC is not responsible for the refusal of any university to provide transcripts (e.g., delinquent accounts, incorrect identification). The OUAC will notify you if a university does not provide the transcript. If the issue is not resolved in a timely manner, the universities will not consider these transcripts upon their release.

Top of Page

Transcript Fees

Fees are $12 per transcript requested, except for transcripts requested from the following schools, which do not have a fee:


  • Carleton University
  • McMaster University


  • Algonquin College
  • Cambrian College
  • Confederation College
  • Fanshawe College
  • Humber College
  • Loyalist College
  • Mohawk College
  • Niagara College
  • St. Clair College
  • St. Lawrence College
  • Sheridan College

Transcript fees are non-refundable.

Top of Page

Assessment of International Academic Credentials

Credentialing assessment means converting international academic credentials into their Canadian educational equivalents.

  • If you provide a World Education Services (WES) assessment, you are not required to send an original transcript.
  • If your undergraduate studies were taken outside of Canada and the US, you must have your transcript assessed by WES.
  • If your graduate studies were taken outside of Canada and the US, you are not required to have your transcript assessed by WES, although such assessment may be requested.
  • If you are a National Committee of Accreditation candidate, you are not required to have your transcripts provided to OLSAS by WES.
  • A WES assessment is not required for courses taken as part of an exchange program, as long as transfer credits for these courses appear on the home university transcript.

Request that a course-by-course evaluation be reported for your international grades. The assessment will not be valid without an overall GPA. However, the admissions committees of the law schools reserve the right to apply their own evaluation.

WES evaluations must be sent directly to OLSAS by WES, and must be received by the application deadline.

Note: OLSAS will convert grades of courses taken at accredited universities in the US. These applicants do not require a WES assessment. In addition, a WES assessment is not required for courses taken as part of an exchange program, as long as transfer credits for these courses appear on the home university transcript.

To contact WES, call 416-972-0070.

Top of Page

Current Academic Transcripts for First-Year Applicants

English-program first-year applicants who complete courses in December 2017 are required to send their fall 2017 grades to OLSAS by March 1, 2018.

All applicants submitting fall grades must provide an official transcript using the methods indicated in this section.

Top of Page

Final Transcripts

Final, official transcripts (which should include all current‑year course work and degree conferral details) must be submitted if you received an offer of admission, or have a decision pending, by June 30, 2018.

Note: If you attend an Ontario university, you must use the online transcript request. You can access this form by logging in to your application.

Top of Page

Upper‑Year Applicants

No admission decisions will be made until a final, official transcript is received. These transcripts are required by June 30, 2018.

If a transcript is not available at that time, advise the law schools you applied to.

Top of Page