OMSAS – Transcript Information

University program information changes regularly. For the most up-to-date details, view the online application.

Last updated: July 13, 2017

Quick Links

Important: OMSAS must receive your transcripts and/or attendance statements by October 2, 2017.

Transcript Requirements

Official transcripts are required for each university, college, CEGEP, junior college, graduate school or other postsecondary institution at which you have registered.

This includes transcripts for the following:

  • work taken on Letter of Permission,
  • transfer credit, or
  • an exchange program.

OMSAS does not require International Baccalaureate (IB) or Advanced Placement (AP) transcripts, unless the courses are prerequisites.

To be official:

  • transcripts must be sent directly from the Registrar’s Office to OMSAS,
  • transcripts must be printed on the institution’s official transcript paper,
  • transcripts must be imprinted with the school seal and/or bear the appropriate signatures.

OMSAS cannot accept undergraduate transcripts provided by you or graduate departments. Photocopies are not acceptable.

Top of Page

Transcript Arrangements

Arrange with the Registrar’s Office(s) of each university, college or CEGEP that you have attended to send complete official transcript(s) of all course work completed to date directly to:

170 Research Lane
Guelph ON  N1G 5E2

These must be received by October 2, 2017. Only 1 copy is required.

Note: It is not possible to notify you of any outstanding transcripts at the time of the deadline.

OMSAS is prepared to receive transcripts before receiving your application, but not before July 15, 2017.

Transfer credits, Letter of Permission credits and/or exchange program credits recorded on the transcript of another university cannot be accepted in place of the transcript from the university where the course was taken.

If you attended or are attending a university/college that does not issue transcripts, you must arrange with the Registrar to provide OMSAS with an official statement of attendance and degree granted.

Top of Page

Transcripts from an Ontario University or College

Transcript Request Form (TRF)

  • If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario university, you must use the TRF in the online application.
  • If you attended, or are currently enrolled at an Ontario college you may use the TRF.

By completing the TRF and forwarding the appropriate fees, you authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to OMSAS; you do not need to contact the Registrar’s Office directly.

You can access this form by logging in to your application and selecting “Transcripts”.

Submission of the online TRF, which forms part of the OMSAS application, by October 2, 2017, satisfies the transcript deadline requirement.


  • You cannot use the TRF to order transcripts from the Royal Military College of Canada.
  • Transcript requests from the following divisions or programs at the University of Toronto must be made directly to that division:
    • Additional Qualifications Program (AQ) at OISE;
    • Continuing Studies;
    • Toronto School of Theology; and
    • Woodsworth Pre-University Program.
  • Transcript requests from the following York University departments:
    • York University English Language Institute (YUELI) – must be made directly to that department.
    • Schulich Executive Education – must be made directly to that department.
    • Continuing Studies or Continuing Education – must be made to the Division of Continuing Education.
    • Additional Qualification (AQ) courses taken after 1993 – must be made to Research and Field Development, Faculty of Education.
  • Algoma University is a former affiliate campus of Laurentian University. If you are a Laurentian-Algoma student or graduate, please request transcripts from Laurentian. All students admitted during or after 2009 are Algoma students.

Need help? Call us at 519-823-1063 regarding these transcript request exceptions.

The OUAC will not be responsible for the refusal of any institution to provide transcripts (e.g., delinquent accounts, incorrect identification). The OUAC will notify you if an institution does not provide the transcript. If you do not resolve the issues in a timely manner, the medical schools will not consider your transcripts upon their release.

Top of Page

Transcript Fees

Fees are $12 per transcript requested, except for transcripts requested from the following schools, which do not have a fee:


  • Carleton University
  • McMaster University


  • Algonquin College
  • Cambrian College
  • Confederation College
  • Fanshawe College
  • Humber College
  • Loyalist College
  • Mohawk College
  • Niagara College
  • St. Clair College
  • St. Lawrence College
  • Sheridan College

Transcript fees are non‑refundable.

Top of Page

Assessment of International Academic Credentials

Credentialing assessment means converting international academic credentials into their Canadian educational equivalents. If a World Education Services (WES) assessment includes a copy of your official transcript, you are not required to request a transcript from your registrar.

Whether you are a Canadian or non‑Canadian applicant, you must have your international transcript assessed by WES in the following circumstances:

  • if you have not met minimum course number criteria utilizing your Canadian or US data; and
  • if you require inclusion of your international education data.

Request a course‑by‑course evaluation for your international grades. The assessment will not be valid without an overall GPA. However, the admissions committees of the medical schools reserve the right to apply their own evaluation.

WES evaluations must be sent directly to OMSAS by WES, and must be received by the application deadline.

Note: OMSAS will convert grades of courses taken at accredited universities in the US. These applicants do not require a WES assessment.

To contact WES, call 416‑972‑0070.

Top of Page

Final Transcripts

At the end of the academic year, if you are still being considered for admission and are currently attending university, you must arrange with your Registrar’s Office to forward a copy of your final transcript directly to OMSAS.

Please obtain a copy of the final transcript for your records and verify its accuracy. Western University applicants who fail to forward a transcript to OMSAS will be disqualified. A transcript of the current year’s December results is not required unless it is your final term.

If you have completed the work for your degree, ask the university to indicate on the transcript that you are eligible for the degree or that it has been conferred.

OMSAS must receive your final transcripts by June 30, 2018. Submitting the TRF by this date does not satisfy the deadline requirement.

Note: If you attend an Ontario university, you must use the TRF to order transcripts. You can access this form by logging in to your application.

Top of Page