TEAS – Transcript Requirements
- Transcripts from Ontario Universities and Colleges
- Transcripts from Canadian Institutions Outside of Ontario
- Transcripts from US and International Institutions
Transcripts from Ontario Universities and Colleges
Online Transcript Requests
Official transcripts are required for any Ontario university or college that you attend, have attended or have withdrawn from. You must request your transcript through your application, unless otherwise noted in the Exceptions for Online Transcript Requests.
- If you have taken courses at the same university as the faculty of education you are applying to (excluding Wilfrid Laurier University and York University), you do not need to submit a transcript for these courses. However, if you make a transcript request, the OUAC will process it and will not refund the fee.
- If you are currently enrolled, some universities may require you to send multiple transcripts to satisfy different deadlines. Before making your request(s), check deadlines and requirements to ensure that you are selecting the appropriate timing, as you cannot cancel or change submitted requests.
- If you applied to more than 1 program: Request only 1 transcript to be sent to each institution you are applying to. If you have applied to more than 1 program at any 1 institution, you need to send only 1 transcript to that institution.
Transcript Request Fees
The OUAC collects transcript request fees on behalf of the institutions.
For information about each institution’s transcript request fee, see Transcript Request Fees.
Transcript request fees are non‑refundable.
The OUAC is not responsible for the refusal of any institution to provide transcripts (e.g., delinquent accounts, incorrect identification). If you do not resolve these issues in a timely manner, the faculties of education will not consider your transcripts upon their release.
Transcripts from Canadian Institutions Outside of Ontario
You should arrange to have all official academic documents from outside Ontario sent directly from the institutions you attend, have attended or have withdrawn from to your faculty of education choice(s).
To ensure the proper document matching, indicate the following on all documents and correspondence:
- Your OUAC/TEAS Reference Number
- Your full name (in the same order as in your application)
These official transcripts must arrive at each selected faculty of education by the deadline.
Note: If you are currently enrolled, you may upload your transcript using Secure Applicant Messaging (SAM). However, this transcript will be considered unofficial, and an official transcript may be required at the end of the academic year if you are still being considered for admission.
Transcripts from Douglas College and Kwantlen Polytechnic University
Ontario universities have agreed to accept these transcripts electronically via the OUAC’s eTranscripts process.
If you attend, have attended or have withdrawn from Douglas College and/or Kwantlen Polytechnic University, you must contact these schools directly and ask them to submit your transcript(s) to each of your Ontario university choices via the OUAC.
The OUAC matches transcripts received electronically from Douglas College and/or Kwantlen Polytechnic University to your submitted application and re-routes them to each Ontario university specified.
Transcripts from US and International Institutions
You are responsible for arranging the transfer of all other transcripts and documents to the universities you apply to, not to the OUAC.
- Official transcripts are required for each college, university, junior college, graduate school or other postsecondary institution you attend, have attended or have withdrawn from.
- Verify university requirements and note that document deadlines apply.