TEAS – Transcript Requirements

Last updated: September 19, 2019

Quick Links

Transcripts from Ontario Universities and Colleges

Online Transcript Requests

If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario university or college, you must complete an online transcript request, unless otherwise noted in the Exceptions for Online Transcript Requests.

Additional Information

  • If you have taken courses at the same university as the faculty of education you are applying to (excluding Wilfrid Laurier University and York University), you do not need to submit a transcript for these courses. However, if a transcript request is made, it will be processed and the fee will not be refunded.
  • If you are currently enrolled, some universities may require you to send multiple transcripts to satisfy different deadlines. Before making your request(s), check deadlines and requirements to ensure that you are selecting the appropriate timing as submitted requests cannot be cancelled or changed.
  • If you applied to more than 1 program: Request only 1 transcript to be sent to each institution you are applying to. If you have applied to more than 1 program at any 1 institution, you will need to send only 1 transcript to that institution.

Transcript Request Fees

Transcript fees are collected by the OUAC on behalf of the institutions.

For information about each institution’s transcript request fee, see Transcript Request Fees.

The transcript request fees are non‑refundable. The OUAC is not responsible for the refusal of any institution to provide transcripts (e.g., delinquent accounts, incorrect identification). If you do not resolve these issues in a timely manner, the faculties of education will not consider your transcripts upon their release.

Note: By completing an online transcript request and submitting it with your application and appropriate fees (application service fee, transcript request fees, additional choice fees and supplemental fees), you authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to the university choice(s) that you have selected. Submitted requests cannot be cancelled or changed and all fees are non-refundable.

Top of Page

Transcripts from Canadian Institutions Outside of Ontario

You should arrange to have all official academic documents from outside Ontario sent directly from the institutions you attended to your faculty of education choice(s).

To ensure the proper document matching on all documents and correspondence, indicate the following:

  • Your OUAC/TEAS Reference Number
  • Your full name (in the same order as in your application)

These official transcripts must arrive at each selected faculty of education by the deadline.

Note: If you are currently enrolled, you may upload your transcript using Secure Applicant Messaging (SAM). However, this transcript will be considered unofficial, and an official transcript may be required at the end of the academic year, if you are still being considered for admission.

Transcripts from Douglas College and Kwantlen Polytechnic University

Ontario universities have agreed to accept these transcripts electronically via the OUAC’s online transcripts process.

If you attended, or are currently attending, Douglas College and/or Kwantlen Polytechnic University, you must contact these schools directly and ask them to submit your transcript(s) to each of your Ontario university choices.

Transcripts received electronically from Douglas College and/or Kwantlen Polytechnic University are matched to your submitted OUAC application and re-routed to each Ontario university specified.

Top of Page

Transcripts from US and International Institutions

You are responsible for arranging the transfer of all other transcripts and documents to the universities you are applying to.

  • Official transcripts are required for each college, university, junior college, graduate school or other postsecondary institution you attend/have attended.
  • Verify university requirements and note that document deadlines apply.

Top of Page