ORPAS – Transcripts

Quick Links

Important: ORPAS must receive transcripts by January 30, 2018.

Transcript Requirements

Official transcripts are required for each university, college, CEGEP, junior college, graduate school or other postsecondary institution at which you have registered.

This includes transcripts for the following:

  • work taken on Letter of Permission,
  • transfer credit, or
  • exchange program credit.

Transcripts must include all course work completed to date, all withdrawn or incomplete courses and all courses in progress.

To be official, transcripts must be:

  • sent directly from the Registrar’s Office,
  • printed on the institution’s official transcript paper, and
  • imprinted with the school seal and/or bear the appropriate signatures.

ORPAS cannot accept copies of undergraduate transcripts provided by you or graduate departments. Photocopies and/or faxes of official transcripts, or transcripts uploaded via Secure Applicant Messaging (SAM) are not acceptable.

Top of Page

Transcript Arrangements

Arrange with the Registrar’s Office(s) of each university, college or CEGEP that you attend/attended to send complete official transcript(s) of all course work completed to date and in progress directly to:

170 Research Lane
Guelph ON  N1G 5E2

Transcripts must be received by January 30, 2018. Only 1 copy is required.

If the university/college you attended/are attending does not issue transcripts, you must arrange with the Registrar’s Office to provide ORPAS with an official statement of attendance and degree granted.

Top of Page

Transcripts from an Ontario University or College

Online Transcript Request

  • If you attended, or are currently enrolled at, an Ontario university, you must use the online transcript request in the application.
  • If you attended, or are currently enrolled at, an Ontario college, you may use the online transcript request.

By completing the request and forwarding the appropriate fees, you authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to ORPAS; you do not need to contact the Registrar’s Office directly.

You can access this request in your online application by selecting “Transcripts”.

ORPAS must receive your online transcript request by the appropriate deadlines to satisfy the transcript deadline requirement.


  • You cannot use the online transcript request to order transcripts from the Royal Military College of Canada.
  • Transcript requests from the following University of Toronto divisions or programs must be made directly to that division:
    • Additional Qualifications (AQ) Program at Ontario Institute for Studies in Education (OISE);
    • Continuing Studies;
    • Toronto School of Theology; and
    • Woodsworth Pre-University Program.
  • Transcript requests from the following York University departments:
    • York University English Language Institute (YUELI) – must be made directly to that department.
    • Schulich Executive Education – must be made directly to that department.
    • Continuing Studies or Continuing Education – must be made to the Division of Continuing Education.
    • Requests for AQ courses taken after 1993 – must be made to Research and Field Development, Faculty of Education.
  • Algoma University is a former affiliate campus of Laurentian University. If you are a Laurentian-Algoma student or graduate, please request transcripts from Laurentian. All students admitted during or after 2009 are Algoma students.

Need help? Call us at 519-823-1063 regarding these transcript request exceptions.

The OUAC is not responsible for any university’s refusal to provide transcripts (e.g., delinquent accounts, incorrect identification). The OUAC will notify you if an institution does not provide the transcript. If you do not resolve the issue in a timely manner, the universities will not consider these transcripts upon their release.

Top of Page

Transcript Fees

Fees are $12 per transcript requested, except for transcripts requested from the following schools, which do not have a fee:


  • Carleton University
  • McMaster University


  • Algonquin College
  • Cambrian College
  • Confederation College
  • Fanshawe College
  • Humber College
  • Loyalist College
  • Mohawk College
  • Niagara College
  • St. Clair College
  • St. Lawrence College
  • Sheridan College

Transcript fees are non‑refundable.

Top of Page

Transcripts from Outside Canada and the US

When arranging for transcripts to be sent from institutions outside Canada and the US, request that the institution include an explanation of the grading system used.

Where official international transcripts may be difficult to obtain, ORPAS will accept original notarized copies of non‑Canadian or non‑American transcripts in both English and the original language.

Original notarized documents will not be considered official, and each individual school may require further documentation.

Photocopies of original notarized documents are not acceptable and will not be considered.

Top of Page

Assessment of International Academic Credentials

Credentialing assessment means converting international academic credentials into their Canadian educational equivalents. Providing a World Education Services (WES) assessment does not replace the requirement for official transcripts.

Whether you are a Canadian or non‑Canadian applicant, you are strongly encouraged to have your international transcript assessed by WES in the following circumstances:

  • if you have not met minimum course number criteria using your Canadian or US data; and
  • if you require inclusion of your international education data.

Request a course‑by‑course evaluation for your international grades. The assessment will not be valid without an overall GPA. However, the admissions committees reserve the right to apply their own evaluation.

WES evaluations must be sent directly to ORPAS by WES, and must be received by the January 30, 2018, transcript deadline.

Note: ORPAS will convert grades of courses taken at accredited universities in the US. Applicants do not require a WES assessment for these courses.

Visit the WES website or call 416‑972‑0070.

Top of Page

Final Transcripts

Final, official transcripts (which should include all current‑year course work and degree conferral details) must be submitted if you received an offer of admission, or have a decision pending, by June 30, 2018.

Note: If you attend an Ontario university, you must use the online transcript request. You can access this by logging in to your application.

ORPAS must receive your final transcripts by June 30, 2018. Submitting the online transcript request by this date does not satisfy the deadline requirement.

Top of Page