Qualifications Evaluation Council of Ontario (QECO) Notice and Declaration
Notice of Collection, Use, Disclosure and Treatment of Personal Information by the OUAC (Transcript Requests)
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC) is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities (COU). We process applications and transcript requests for admission to Ontario university programs on behalf of the Ontario universities. We will forward your transcript request information to the university you specify.
By requesting transcripts through the OUAC, you agree that the Qualifications Evaluation Council of Ontario (QECO) and the universities will obtain the personal information you provide to us and that we will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information as set out in this Declaration and Notice.
QECO and the universities have their own declaration and privacy policies, which you should review.
- Provide all personal information requested in this transcript request, along with your transcript request fee.
- Keep your OUAC username, password and other registration information confidential and secure. Notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access, use or disclosure of this information.
- Ensure that the information you provide is truthful, complete and correct.
- Understand that, if you choose to use email or chat to communicate with us, the contents of your communications are not secure.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- We collect the personal information you provide in your transcript request to process your request.
- We collect payment information when you pay (or someone else pays) for this transcript request. All credit card processing is done by a third party and no cardholder data is collected, transmitted or stored on OUAC systems.
- We track your online transcript request activity using cookies and varied web analytics. We and/or the universities may use this data in non-personally identifiable reports to track navigation paths, maintain and improve the system and for other purposes in accordance with our/their policies and practices.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We disclose your personal information to the universities you requested transcripts from.
- We disclose your transcript information to QECO.
- If a third party pays for your transcript request and has questions about the payment, we disclose personal information, as necessary and appropriate, to respond to these questions.
How Do We Protect Your Personal Information?
- We keep current year and historic electronic versions of data you provided in your transcript request for 7 years, including your personal and demographic information, in accordance with our Data Retention and Disposal Policy. This data remains in Canada.
- We store electronic records off-site as part of our disaster recovery procedures. These records also remain in Canada.
- If you have created an OUAC account but have never submitted any transcript requests, we will destroy your account and all related personal information (paper or electronic) at the end of the application cycle.
- We maintain administrative, technical and physical safeguards in an effort to protect against unauthorized access, use, modification or disclosure of your personal information.
- We maintain the confidentiality of all personal information we collect in connection with your transcript request and disclose such personal information only for the purposes described in this Declaration and Notice.
Last updated: May 5, 2020