Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) Notice and Declaration
Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information by the OUAC (Transcript Requests)
The Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (“OUAC”, “we” or “us”) is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities (COU). We process applications and transcript requests for admission to Ontario university programs and transcript requests for the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) on behalf of the Ontario universities.
By requesting transcripts through the OUAC, you agree that we will disclose to the OCT and to the universities the personal information you provide to us and other personal information we collect in connection with your transcript request. We will collect, use, disclose and otherwise manage your personal information as set out in our Privacy Statement and in this Notice. This Notice supplements our Privacy Statement and applies when you request that transcripts from Ontario universities be forwarded to the OCT. Please read our Privacy Statement.
The OCT and the universities have their own personal information policies and practices, which you can find on their websites and you should review.
Collection and Use of Personal Information
- We collect the personal information you provide in your transcript request, as set out in our Privacy Statement, to process your transcript request.
Disclosure of Personal Information
- We disclose your personal information to the universities you requested transcripts from, as set out in our Privacy Statement.
- We disclose your transcript information to the OCT.
You consent to the personal information practices as set out in the OUAC Privacy Statement and in the Notice of Collection, Use and Disclosure of Your Personal Information by the OUAC (Transcript Requests).
You agree that you must:
- Provide all personal information requested in this transcript request, along with your transcript request fee, if applicable.
- Keep your OUAC username, password and other registration information confidential and secure. You must notify us immediately if you suspect any unauthorized access to, use or disclosure of this information.
- Ensure that the information you provide is truthful, complete and correct.
- Review our Privacy Statement.
- Contact the OUAC Privacy Officer:
170 Research Lane
Guelph ON N1G 5E2
Last updated: September 17, 2020