Algoma University, established in 1965, is one of the fastest-growing universities in Ontario.
- 3 diverse and growing campuses in Sault Ste. Marie, Brampton and Timmins.
- Intimate learning environment with just over 5,000 total students.
- Co-op and experiential learning opportunities available in every program.
- Average class size of 28 students.
- 14:1 student-faculty ratio.
- Over $17 million in scholarships and awards distributed annually.
- Unique Special Mission based on Chief Shingwauk’s original vision to cultivate cross-cultural learning.
Faculties and Professional Schools
- Faculty of Business and Economics
- School of Business and Economics
- Faculty of Sciences
- School of Life Sciences and the Environment
- School of Computer Science and Technology
- Faculty of Humanities and Social Sciences
- School of Social Work
- Faculty of Cross-Cultural Studies
Experiential Learning (EL) Hub
The EL Hub is a central resource for you to learn about the wide range of experiential learning opportunities available at Algoma University.
Included in the EL Hub are:
- Career Link Program
- Career Services
- Co-operative Education
- International Internships
- Study Abroad
For more information, email Cindi Elgie, Coordinator of Co-op, Career Services and Experiential Learning, or call 705-949-2301, ext. 4214.
We have year‑round admission and will accept applications for studies beginning in September, January and May.
Scholarships, Bursaries and Financial Aid
Offers of Admission
We make offers of admission on a rolling basis year round for September, January and May intakes.
We strive to meet the needs of all students. Our Learning Centre and Accessibility Services Team is committed to making the university as accessible and integrated as possible.
Equity, Diversity and Inclusion
We embed Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion (EDI) in all that we do and many of the efforts are led by our dedicated Equity, Diversity, and Inclusion Committee (EDIC) mandates.
Residence accommodations are currently only available at our Sault Ste. Marie campus. We guarantee all first‑year students a private bedroom in residence. We offer dormitory and townhouse options.
If you live off campus, you will have access to our Student Community Support Coordinators.
Campus Tours and Events
Personalized campus tours are available Monday through Saturday at both our Sault Ste. Marie and Brampton campuses (excluding holidays and campus closures). You can book a tour online. Virtual and on-demand tours are also available by request.