OLSAS – About
Note: This application guide contains information for Fall 2020 Admission.
English and French Common Law Programs
The Ontario Law School Application Service (OLSAS) is a not‑for‑profit, centralized application service for applicants to the 8 Ontario law schools.
- Bora Laskin Law School (Lakehead University)
- Osgoode Hall Law School (York University)
- University of Ottawa
- Queen’s University
- Ryerson University
- University of Toronto
- Western University
- University of Windsor
OLSAS was developed by admission personnel at these universities and is operated by the Ontario Universities’ Application Centre (OUAC), which is a division of the Council of Ontario Universities.
Its purpose is to:
- facilitate the Ontario law school application process,
- reduce duplicate applications, and
- save time and resources for the applicants and the institutions.
Each law school is completely autonomous in reaching admission decisions. OLSAS only provides the application processing service and processes applications for admission to Ontario law schools. For information about law schools outside of Ontario, contact those law schools directly.
There is 1 common application and 1 set of academic documents used to apply for admission to the Ontario law schools.
Ensure that you are using the correct application.
- If you created an OUAC account any time after August 2016, you do not need to create a new one. Do not take over an account created by someone else.
- The application is a lengthy process. The amount of time required depends on the number of schools you apply to. Allow 5 to 25 hours to prepare your application.
- OLSAS will process and forward applications to all requested law schools, regardless of your qualifications or the completeness of your application. There are no refunds.
- Each Ontario law school has its own admission requirements and reserves the right to determine whether degrees granted by postsecondary institutions are suitable for the purpose of admission. Be aware of these variations and be sure you qualify for consideration before submitting your application to OLSAS.