OLSAS – Sketch
Note: OLSAS cannot advise you on the content of your sketch.
List details of your activities in the following categories:
- Full-time Employment
- Part-time Employment
- Volunteer Activities
- Extracurricular Activities
- Academic Honours and Achievements
Indicate the duration and nature of your involvement in these activities and use discretion in deciding which details to report. All law schools use this information when making admission decisions.
For “Employment History”, specify the name of your employer, your job title and a short description of the nature of the work. Account for all years since you completed high school. OLSAS will arrange the Sketch in the order required by the law schools.
The Sketch complements any personal statement requirement. OLSAS recommends you provide full information in the Sketch.
- Consider and record (separate from the application) all activities since high school.
- Complete the application by arranging these activities into the appropriate categories.
- Accurately document where there was a break in time for any of the activities listed, including a change from full-time to part-time employment (or vice versa). If necessary, use multiple entries for the same employer or activity to properly indicate changes in status or time periods.
For each activity mentioned in the Sketch, provide the names, address and telephone number of a contact who can verify your involvement in that activity.
To associate a verifier with an activity, select “Add Verifier” from the drop-down menu, or select a previously entered verifier.
Any activities that can be substantiated by academic transcripts (e.g., scholarships, special commendations) do not require verifiers.
The law schools reserve the right to confirm the information provided in these sections by consulting the individuals you list as verifiers.