About the University of Toronto Faculty of Law
The Faculty of Law at the University of Toronto is an exceptional legal learning community. A student body with diverse ethnic, cultural, political and socio-economic backgrounds, experiences and interests complements the academic strength and intellectual ambition of our faculty.
Each year we produce a class of Juris Doctor (JD) graduates with outstanding employment prospects by exposing our talented students to a deep curriculum taught by professors with international reputations for scholarly excellence, all in close proximity to Canada’s leading legal and financial markets.
- Read more about our history, inclusivity, diversity and recent JD class profiles.
- Indigenous candidates are encouraged to learn about our extensive array of opportunities and support by connecting early to our Indigenous Initiatives Office.
- Make lasting social and intellectual bonds with your peers by participating in an active and engaging student life.
- Explore the impressive range of courses in 20 legal focus areas delivered in lecture, seminar, intensive and practicum formats by outstanding legal scholars and practitioners.
- Discover the variety and scope of hands-on experiential learning outside of the classroom through clinics, externships, internships, mooting and volunteer programs.
- Be reassured by our exceptional preparation and skill development resources for attaining a successful and rewarding career after graduation.
For all program selections, choose 1 of 3 applicant categories:
Admission Requirements and Supporting Documents
JD Admissions Office
Faculty of Law, University of Toronto
78 Queen’s Park
Toronto ON M5S 2C5