About our Teacher Education Program
The Schulich School of Education is one of the pre-eminent education programs in Ontario. Renowned for graduating exceedingly well-prepared and professionally-minded teachers, the Schulich School of Education will prepare you for teaching in traditional and non-traditional environments and provide you with transferable communication and collaborative skills that are essential to any career.
Our Bachelor of Education program was one of the first teacher education programs to be fully accredited by the Ontario College of Teachers (OCT) and is one of the most well-recognized education programs in the province.
The program provided by the Schulich School of Education is rigorous and demands a high degree of commitment. To be successful, you must display a sensitivity to pupils, sense of responsibility to the teaching profession and respect for knowledge.
P10 – Primary/Junior
P11 – Primary/Junior – French as a Second Language
P20 – Junior/Intermediate
P30 – Intermediate/Senior
December 1, 2023
- Deadline to submit your TEAS application to the OUAC.
- Deadline to pay your TEAS application fee, the Nipissing $80 non-refundable supplementary service fee and all transcript fees.
December 8, 2023
- Deadline for all transcripts to be received by Nipissing University. Refer to Transcripts for further information.
- Deadline to submit your English-language proficiency test results. Refer to Language Requirements for further information.
December 15, 2023
- Deadline to submit the Accessibility Admission form if you wish to be considered for one of our accessibility admission categories. Refer to Equity Admission and Special Admission for more information.
- Deadline to submit your supplemental form if you applied to Junior/Intermediate and/or Intermediate/Senior Music and/or Visual Arts. Refer to Experience Profile and Supplementary Forms for more information.
- Deadline to submit proficiency tests results if you have applied to French as a Second Language (any division) and have chosen to meet the teaching subject requirements through one of our acceptable proficiency tests. Refer to Teaching Subjects for more information.
January 15, 2024
- Deadline to apply for Schulich Scholarship consideration. The $7,500 scholarships are awarded to selected students entering the first year of the 2-year Consecutive Bachelor of Education program. Refer to the Schulich Scholarship web page for further information.
June 30, 2024
- If we select you for admission, you must provide a transcript showing that a recognized undergraduate degree was conferred (you have graduated), and all required teaching subject courses were completed, by this date.
Review the detailed information on course requirements for teaching subjects before you apply. A teaching subject may be cancelled if there is an insufficient number of qualified applicants. We reserve the right to cancel a teaching subject at any time.
Office of the Registrar
100 College Drive
PO Box 5002
North Bay ON P1B 8L7
Telephone: 705-474-3450, ext. 4600