OLSAS – Transcripts
- Transcript Requirements
- Transcript Arrangements
- Transcripts from an Ontario University or College
- Transcript Fees
- Assessment of International Academic Credentials
- Current Academic Transcripts for First-Year Applicants
- Final Transcripts
- Upper-Year Applicants
Important: OLSAS must receive your transcripts by the following dates:
- November 1, 2016, for first-year English programs
- February 1, 2017, for first-year French programs
- May 1, 2017, for upper-year programs
Official transcripts are required for each university, college, CEGEP, junior college, graduate school or other postsecondary institution at which you have registered.
This includes transcripts for the following:
- work taken on Letter of Permission,
- transfer credit, or
- on an exchange program.
OLSAS does not require International Baccalaureate (IB) or Advanced Placement (AP) transcripts.
To be official:
- transcripts must sent directly from the Registrar’s Office to OLSAS,
- transcripts must be printed on the institution’s official transcript paper, and
- transcripts must be imprinted with the school’s seal and/or bear the appropriate signatures.
OLSAS cannot accept copies of undergraduate transcripts provided by you or graduate departments. Photocopies are not acceptable.
Arrange with the Registrar’s Office(s) of each university, college or CEGEP that you attended to send complete official transcript(s) of all course work completed to date directly to:
170 Research Lane
Guelph ON N1G 5E2
These must be sent by November 1, 2016 (first-year English), February 1, 2017 (first-year French) or by May 1, 2017 (upper year). Only 1 copy is required.
Note: It is not possible to notify you of any outstanding transcripts at the time of the deadline.
If you attended or are attending a university/college that does not issue transcripts, you must arrange with the Registrar to provide OLSAS with an official statement of attendance and degree granted.
Transcripts from an Ontario University or College
Transcript Request Form (TRF)
- If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario university, you must use the TRF in the online application.
- If you attended or are currently enrolled at an Ontario college, you may use the TRF.
By completing the TRF and forwarding the appropriate fees, you authorize the OUAC to arrange for your official transcripts to be sent to OLSAS; you do not need to contact the Registrar’s Office directly.
You can access this form in your online application by selecting “Transcripts”.
OLSAS must receive your TRF by the appropriate deadlines to satisfy the transcript deadline requirement.
- You cannot use the TRF to order transcripts from the Royal Military College of Canada.
- Transcript requests from the following University of Toronto divisions or programs must be made directly to that division:
- Additional Qualifications Program (AQ) at OISE;
- Continuing Studies;
- Toronto School of Theology; and
- Woodsworth Pre-University Program.
- Transcript requests from the following York University departments:
- York University English Language Institute (YUELI) – must be made directly to that department.
- Schulich Executive Education – must be made directly to that department.
- Continuing Studies or Continuing Education – must be made to the Division of Continuing Education.
- Requests for Additional Qualification (AQ) courses taken after 1993 – must be made to Research and Field Development, Faculty of Education.
- Algoma University is a former affiliate campus of Laurentian University. If you are a Laurentian-Algoma student or graduate, please request transcripts from Laurentian. All students admitted during or after 2009 are Algoma students.
Need help? Call us at 519-823-1063 regarding these transcript request exceptions.
The OUAC is not responsible for the refusal of any university to provide transcripts (e.g., delinquent accounts, incorrect identification). The OUAC will notify you if a university does not provide the transcript. If the issue is not resolved in a timely manner, the universities will not consider these transcripts upon their release.
Fees are $12 per transcript requested, except for transcripts requested from the following schools, which do not have a fee:
|St. Clair College|
|St. Lawrence College|
Transcript fees are non-refundable.
Assessment of International Academic Credentials
Credentialing assessment means converting international academic credentials into their Canadian educational equivalents.
- If you provide a World Education Services (WES) assessment, you are not required to send an original transcript.
- If your undergraduate studies were taken outside of Canada and the US, you must have your transcript assessed by WES or an equivalent service.
- If your graduate studies were taken outside of Canada and the US, you are not required to have your transcript assessed by WES or an equivalent service, although such assessment may be requested.
- If you are a National Committee of Accreditation candidate, you are not required to have your transcripts assessed by WES or an equivalent service.
- A WES assessment is not required for courses taken as part of an exchange program, as long as transfer credits for these courses appear on the home university transcript.
Request that a course-by-course evaluation be reported for your international grades. The assessment will not be valid without an overall GPA. However, the admissions committees of the law schools reserve the right to apply their own evaluation.
WES evaluations must be sent directly to OLSAS by WES, and must be received by the application deadline.
Note: OLSAS will convert grades of courses taken at accredited universities in the US. These applicants do not require a WES assessment. In addition, a WES assessment is not required for courses taken as part of an exchange program, as long as transfer credits for these courses appear on the home university transcript.
To contact WES, call 416-972-0070 or 1-866-343-0070 (toll-free).
Current Academic Transcripts for First-Year Applicants
English-program first-year applicants who complete courses in December 2016 are required to send their fall 2016 grades to OLSAS by February 1, 2017.
All applicants submitting fall grades must provide an official transcript using the methods indicated in this section.
Final, official transcripts (which should include all current‑year course work and degree conferral details) must be submitted if you received an offer of admission, or have a decision pending, by June 30, 2017.
Note: If you attend an Ontario university, you must use the TRF. You can access this form by logging in to your application.
No admission decisions will be made until a final, official transcript is received. These transcripts are required by June 30, 2017.
If a transcript is not available at that time, advise the law schools you applied to.