Frequently Asked Questions: Before Applying

I am an internationally trained lawyer but want to practice law in Canada. What procedure should I follow?

Applications: Law (OLSAS) Categories: Before Applying

If you are a foreign trained lawyer, you must apply for an assessment of the equivalency of your legal studies. Applications of this nature are made to the National Committee on Accreditation (NCA). Refer to the NCA Applicants section of the OLSAS Application Guide…

I have an international medical degree. Where can I obtain information about practicing medicine in Canada?

Applications: Medical (OMSAS) Categories: Before Applying

Individuals who have graduated from a medical school outside of Canada or the US should contact the Touchstone Institute…

I’m trying to log in but my PIN isn’t working. What’s the problem?

Be sure you are typing the correct PIN. Double-check the characters and use the Shift key rather than the Caps Lock key to insert capital letters. If you are still having problems, contact your guidance counsellor to make sure you have the correct PIN.

What is the deadline for supporting documents for upper-year applicants?

Applications: Law (OLSAS) Categories: Before Applying

The deadline date is May 1 for all law schools except for Osgoode and Queens, which have a deadline of June 30…

What is the difference between a Reference Number and a Username?

Applications: Teacher (TEAS) Categories: Before Applying

When you first create an OUAC account, you will create a username and password, which you will have the option of changing. If you have misplaced/forgotten your username, select “Recover your username” on the Log In page. You will be prompted to enter your date of birth and email address and your username will then be emailed to you. Once you have submitted your online application, you will receive a 6-digit OUAC Reference Number that begins with the number “7”. If you are applying by paper, this Reference Number will be printed on your application package…